Sign in to follow this  
MAC390

Neutral safety switch

Need some help on this one.

My car has is S code and C6 trans, was raced quite alot.

Has no kick down linkage and they put in a FMX style safety switch in the shift lever and it worked ok.

The wiring at the firewall loom where the plugs are has been modified badly. Can i get a new fmx switch and use that, the selector lever and kick down lever on the trans looks different also.

I can get a new kick down rod and get the Holley adapter kit to make that work but i am concerned about the switch.

May be  Midlife can help me with this issue.

Thanks

There really shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't use a FMX-style switch (the one in the shifter itself) in this application, and they both plug in the same at the firewall area.  It would be a whole lot easier to do that then to try to get a C6 style switch to work with your existing setup.  Also, I have an extra of the correct kickdown lever if you need one.

As another FYI, I am pretty sure if you get a new FMX-style switch, it includes an additional plug for later year cars.  If you run across that, you may want to verify the schematic just to make sure it is good-to-go.  The FMX switch below plugs in the exact way the C6-style switch would:

http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/c9zz-7a247-c-used.html?attribs=88