Raven R code

~ 1969 Stance on all fours

7 hours ago, 69 Cruzin said:

Very nice! Thinking of going back with the GT strip on mine. What do you think?

20161025_191928.jpg

20161025_183448.jpg

Wow!  Almost like twins!  I really like that black hood scoop!  My guess is you have exactly the same paint?  Modern FORD "rub red metallic"??  Excellent color choice!  (haha)  I really like the GT stripe, it breaks up the broad swath of dark red on the side.  I also added the chrome wheel trim, but I'm biased to chrome as you can tell from my wheel selection... Anyway  Beautiful car!  You have great taste!!  LOL

7 hours ago, 69 Cruzin said:

Thanks.Originally it had the black stripe. I really liked the look of JayEstes. 

20161219_132426.jpg

I have never seen that black stripe just above the rocker.... Is that an original option?  Looks like a kind of "multi-stripe"  several lines together?  Interesting.

8 hours ago, JayEstes said:

I have never seen that black stripe just above the rocker.... Is that an original option?  Looks like a kind of "multi-stripe"  several lines together?  Interesting.

That's what the previous owner told me so you know how that goes. That the original paint I know.

8 hours ago, JayEstes said:

Wow!  Almost like twins!  I really like that black hood scoop!  My guess is you have exactly the same paint?  Modern FORD "rub red metallic"??  Excellent color choice!  (haha)  I really like the GT stripe, it breaks up the broad swath of dark red on the side.  I also added the chrome wheel trim, but I'm biased to chrome as you can tell from my wheel selection... Anyway  Beautiful car!  You have great taste!!  LOL

Me too, love the chrome. I know now I'm definitely going with the stripe. I have thought about the wheel trim also. Looked at some on CJ , but didn't  know how flush it would fit. Also is your glass tinted or is that smoke glass?  Only has her a year, so the paint and wheels was done by previous owner. Paint is a new "fire metallic" I think. Always wondered what mine would look like with Craigers. Man that's sharp!!!

The chrome trim fit to the wheel well very well, but i also use 3M body trim tape in addition to screws.  Had to work it starting from middle, and hold firm towards either side to ensure it stayed flush.  fit was pretty good - I got it from CJ.  That is 35% tint.  Unusual for most guys that restore classics, but I live on gulf coast and it is God-awful hot and sunny, I bought UV block and 90%+ IR block film. It is over original "green tint" glass.

[my apologies for unintentional but irresistible original thread hi-jack - back to regular programming!]

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, Raven R code said:

So I got 4 15x7" rims and 235R15 tires......should the car sit level with all 4 rims and tires all the same? Right now it sits higher in the front. 

A little irritated at the moment .

I have never seen a Mustang with stock suspension and stock springs that sat level or with the front a little lower.  In stock form, for some unknown reason to me, the front always sat a little higher than the back.  After the car is completely assembled, if the front is still too high for you, you might need to replace the front springs with a higher rate spring designed to lower the car.  For a big block car I would look at the springs with a 600 lb./inch rate.  There are also 550 and 560 lb./inch springs if you want something softer.  Most are designed to lower the car 1".  If that is too much, you will need to use upper insulators that are thicker than stock to get the height you desire.  It can be a pain, but most everybody goes through it to get the desired ride height.