LiLMike

Mach 1 Stripes

.Has anybody tried to replace their Mach 1 stripes without repainting the entire car? My PO screwed up the lower (3/8") stripe and I need to replace it. it is peeling off in a small spot. I know you have to buy the entire kit and not just one stripe. This came up when I was repairing a couple of bubbles on the lower corners of both doors. I am repairing the doors and a couple of cracks and painting from the lower stripe down on both sides. I have a couple of ideas and wanted to run it buy you guys first.

1. Replace all the stripes but not sure how difficult it is to remove the old ones. I do not want to repaint the entire car.

2. Just paint that narrow (3/8" strip) but it would not be reflective

3. Try to find a replacement stripe at some sort of graphics place.

I'm pretty much open to any other ideas. Thanks in advance.

I don't want to damage the paint underneath.  I just want to remove the stripes and put new ones on without repainting. I already have to paint from the stripe down on both sides. Really didn't want to paint anymore than that.

They work great. The wheel is like a big eraser, it makes little rubber bits taking the stripes with them and leaving the paint untouched. I have used them multiple times to reduce dealer stickers on new cars.