Hi all

Need aome advise.  New to classic cars just know i want a 4 seater and a muacle car.

I.have an opportunity to buy this exact type of car as ebay listing 302336745281.

Can anyone please take.a.look at let me know their thoughts?  What wouls you buy the car for?

Screenshot_20170625-215914.jpg

I like other car manufacturers but by no means am I an expert on them.  That's the problem with this thread.  The car looks good to me, you should buy it.  Sorry, if it were a 69/70 Mustang then I'd have more insightful feedback.

david

Not being mean or insulting.  This is a 69-70 Mustang forum, and you would get much better responses from a Camaro and/or Chevy forum.  While I had a 69 SS 396 Camaro for a while, I sold it to get another Mustang.  I never worked on it or researched stuff on it enough to gain much knowledge on them.  Others on here may have Camaro knowledge, but it is probably the exception rather than the rule.  Best of luck to you on getting the car you want.

Hmmm. My experience tells me you have to do one or two extremely important things before buying. First the basics  

1. Physically inspect the car in person. If that's not possible then...

2. Pay a person in the car's area to do it for you. Call any reputable classic car sales dealer and they can give you the names of companies or agents who do this for a living. Oh and...

3.  If you don't really know what you're looking for when inspecting a classic, take a good mechanic or pay an inspector to go with you. 

If you aren't too concearned about appropriate parts or the correct engine and your real concern is the feeling you are going to have when you get behind the wheel of your brand new 48 year old car, then what you absolutely and unequivocally must concern yourself with is mechanical and electrical dependability. Someone knowledgeable in these areas needs to go over that car with a fine tooth comb and tell you exactly what needs to be fixed or replaced in the first 100, 1000 and 10,000 miles you put on it. 

Finally, the dream car is typically worth more to you than you would like to admit, even if you aren't sure what make and model or don't really care.  You will have a significant challenge avoiding a car that just isn't right because it "feels so right" and you aren't thinking clearly or practically. It happens to the best of us. For example. You may buy a car for a couple thousand more than it was worth thinking, no big deal. It will be worth that in a couple years. Then You may end up spending  thousands more replacing worn out parts and upgrading things because You wanted a little more of this or a better that. End result. Either it will be a long time before your car is worth those extra thousands, or you will have the car for a long time before you get it where you want it to just be a cruiser. 

Lesson I've learned:  wait. Cool your jets. Slow down. Be extremely careful not to pull the trigger. Figure out what you like about that car. Add the info to your memory banks if it turns out to be a money pit and be thankful you had it thoroughly inspected before paying for it. Or be thankful you had it inspected because now you're confident you have a dependable new bad ass Cammaro!  Good luck!

What cars do YOU like?

there are lots of great 60s muscle cars out there, and you have the choice of all original or modernized.

keep in mind that what you think the car will be like and what the reality of an all original car is night and day. Most of those original cars will be under powered, poor handeling, crappy brakes...etc compaired to what people's memory's are and compared to what you may drive today. Why do you think it is so popular to update them and add features?

so again, what do you like?

so you are a newbie huh? Well make friends with someone that knows a ton about cars or pay someone to do a full inspection on the car for you before you buy it. I have seen many newbies get burned and buy unsafe POS cars from people that overhype them and only care about your money.

it will help to know what area you are in. I know in my area I do car inspections for people out of the area or that don't know cars, I bet you will find a few members here that will do the same for a reasonable amount.

pay $50-$100 today to know you are getting a solid car, or pay thousands later to fix things that should not have been problems.

also, think about getting a solid project car. Something that someone has put a ton of work into and you just have to finish. I know you are new to this but you can always have it done and then you may be able to customize it a bit for you as you like it.

lots of decisions, do you research before you jump

bob