Cigarwilki

Sports appearance group. Which tape stripe?

Hello all!
I can't solve my riddle and I need help if you have it. 
My car is a 1969 mustang sport roof Deluxe. 63B body with "Sports appearance group with tape stripe". Not Standard. Not Mach 1. Not GT. 
When originally sold the build sheets and any/all other paperwork for these cars listed "with tape stripe" if it had the stripes included in the sports appearance group. I have discovered there are three possible tape stripe part numbers (color combinations) for my car but I don't know which went on mine. Supposedly it was based on interior and exterior colors. 

These are not Mach 1 stripes and not GT stripes. They are specific to this year only and specific to the sports appearance group. 

Apparently there would have been a list/diagram/poster/etc at the assembly line to let builders know which stripe to add to a car based on body style, interior color, exterior color, and package. Does anyone know where I can find this info?  I tried Marti. I tried a buddy with antique micro fish. The color of stripes just isn't listed with sales documents period.

thanks!

I always thought the Sports Appearance group was just the racing mirrors & hood scoop.   Never heard of a special tape stripe or that it also included wheel covers until now ... and you certainly have proof.

Color wise I think you would follow the same stripe color vs. body color chart as the Mach, GT & Grande.   

I'm more curious as to what the stripes actually looked like / where they were applied.

Doug

11 minutes ago, Mike65 said:

Do you know if it is like the Grande's stripe like the one in the attached pic?.

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/images/69-I.jpg

That's the pinstriping I was thinking of. My first 69 (hardtop) had dual sport mirrors, cobrajet scoop, pinstripes and vinyl top. It was not a Grande. It also did not have the chrome trim around the wheel wells, lower rockers or taillight panel.

Guys. Thanks for the comments. 

Im almost positive it's not like the Grande. I believe (but not sure) it would have been a set of three stripes outside two one color and inside stripe a different color. I am guessing it would have been a straight stripe right down the middle of the body, not curved with the contours of the rear fender. 

Tape stripe options for sports appearance package 1969 sport roof:

White outside stripes with gold inside

Ford part# C9ZZ6320000U

White with red inside

Ford part# C9ZZ6320000S

Black outside with red inside

Ford part# C9ZZ6320000T

i believe these were the only three options and depended on exterior and interior color of the car. But I can't find any photographic examples except one and there's no guarantee it's the correct style. Just that car also had sports appearance group with tape stripe. I'll attach a picture of that car and an original document that came with it. I will also attach a picture of my Marti report. 

The Marti report is my car, the other two images are just for the sake of example on a different car that I can't confirm. 

IMG_4073.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

IMG_4462.PNG

Cigarwilki, in the pic of the green Mustang you posted, there is a light green Mustang behind the dark green one to the left that has the same tape stripe. Here are are a couple more pics I found with the same tape stripe.

69-flower-power-red.jpg

69-groovy-green.jpg

Mike65,

thanks!  That's awesome. Those are the 600 cars. I forgot they had the sports appearance group with crazy body colors. Thanks for showing examples to me!  Now I know what it looks like on my car, just need to know which one I'm supposed to have. 

Maybe this will help. Previous owner shared this pic of my coupe when it was all original. I know it was special order "Sports Appearance Group ". He said lower stripe was original but I can't find anything like it elsewhere.  

20161219_132426.jpg