Mike65

V-6 Ford Contour Electric cooling fan controller.

Barnett, thanks for the link. That is some serious hardware. My radiator fin spacing is so tight, that I can't get a temperature sensor in there.  So, I used the AutoCool guy setup with the sensor in the lower radiator hose.  Worked great.  

1 hour ago, Vicfreg said:

Barnett, thanks for the link. That is some serious hardware. My radiator fin spacing is so tight, that I can't get a temperature sensor in there.  So, I used the AutoCool guy setup with the sensor in the lower radiator hose.  Worked great.  

dcc now has intake manifold sensors.

After repeated attempts to contact DCC with no reply whatsoever I decided my money is better spent supporting a company that actually cares about it's customers. After a lot of decision making with my contour fan setup I went overkill. I am using a variable speed controller from Derale and also used 2 relays on switches as backups in case the controller ever craps out. One relay for high and one for low, with the low circuit utilizing the contours built in resistor. I am nearly done with the install and will post a short thread on it when it's up and running.

31 minutes ago, lanky said:

After repeated attempts to contact DCC with no reply whatsoever I decided my money is better spent supporting a company that actually cares about it's customers. After a lot of decision making with my contour fan setup I went overkill. I am using a variable speed controller from Derale and also used 2 relays on switches as backups in case the controller ever craps out. One relay for high and one for low, with the low circuit utilizing the contours built in resistor. I am nearly done with the install and will post a short thread on it when it's up and running.

he is a one man show and builds them in his spare time. he may be on vacation or ill or something. it has been a while since i had contact with him.

Most PWM controllers have a "fail safe" mode, that operate on either (+) 12 v or ground. So could use one high temperature switch to actuate the fail safe, or turn your A/C on, which does the same thing, at least on mine.