Sign in to follow this  
Bob & Sue

Richporter Distributor any experience or thoughts

I'm running a FoMoCo 351W dizzy with a Pertronix 1 ignitor & Flame Thrower Coil the dizzy has the 18l curve plate in it putting my timing at 10* base plus 36* centrifugal = 46* my cam needs at least 12*-14* base. If I send it out for a rebuild & re-curve I'd probably have $125-$150 in it. 

I've been looking at some other forums folks seem to really like the Richporter there new not remans. I can order it with 8L-12L or 10L-14L curve plates which will give me the correct total timing. The curve plates, bushings and springs I've been told are interchangeable with my FoMoCo if the dizzy isn't as advertised I can re-curve mine.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts good or bad with Richporter Distributors. 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KRVCRW/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I24TWMCB1N40FP&colid=30OF37R21YGBW

50 minutes ago, Pizzeck said:

You can't use Pertronix with a Richporter.  The point cam is redesigned (smaller) and you won't get as tight a fit as you need to drive the magnet sleeve.

Thanks for the answer I just spoke with Pertronix your right none of the aftermarket dizzy's will work.

Might just get an ignition box with curve control and lock the advance on my distributor.