Machspeed

69 Side Scoops

Last week I was removing my side scoops and noted a depression in the upper aft corner of both scoops.  I had never noticed this before and I've owned the car since the mid 70's. Saw a like post on this, just posted the other day, at the concours mustang forum but wanted to bring it here as well. Can't believe I would have overlooked this all these years. Thinking I may fill them in. Thoughts and comments on this? 

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

The dent is from the stud on the back getting over tightened causing a pucker in the front i have knocked it out by setting the scoop on a wood table and gently hitting straight down on the stud. If the dent is real dep it may crack when you try to knock it out. The grill is actually pot metal same as the scoop

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:05 AM, Machspeed said:

Ohhhhh, and btw, does anyone produce a repop on the plastic inserts for these scoops?  Not finding them, but may have overlooked. 

The inserts are die cast pot metal.  Worse case, Perogie Enterprises in New Jersey should have used originals.