Sign in to follow this  
390mach1

Power Steering Pump

My original power steering pump wasn't working so I got a rebuilt ACI power steering pump put it on last night and it works great but it leaks from the threaded stud I tighten it as much as I can and it still keeps leaking. has anyone had this issue and know how to fix it?   

Are you talking about the pressure line fitting centered on the back of the pump?  If so, pretty certain there is supposed to be an O-ring on the inside between the reservoir and the pump itself.  If you still have your old pump, remove the reservoir to verify.  Simply remove the pressure line fitting from the back and tap gently around the flange of the reservoir to remove it.

In the future when buying a new power steering pump, if your old pump is correct, get the new one without a reservoir.  Only because often they come with the wrong reservoir.

I want to correct myself.  The last pump I installed a reservoir onto had a paper gasket between the reservoir and the pump at that fitting, not an o-ring.  Also, there is a thin nut to remove from the fitting then the reservoir can be removed.  The fitting stays on the pump and fits through the hole in the reservoir.  The idea is the same, there is some type of gasket to seal the reservoir to the pump at the fitting.