latoracing

Wheeling Machine build version 1.0

36 minutes ago, RPM said:

You continue to floor me with the amount of talent you have Mike. I believe if you charged $75 an hour for labor plus material you'd have a line waiting out your door. Seriously.

I'd be happy to build stuff like this (or anything for that matter) for $75.00 lol. Don't have very many customers, just entertaining myself lately.

Finally was able to get my parts out of powder coat purgatory. The guys have been swamped, but was able to get it on the line the other day. 

KIMG0332.thumb.jpg.c123c2751b23e9c6a9c06d1517cb92ee.jpg

The main color is Silver vane, kinda like hammered antique. It is just a tad textured, but should hide dirt and scratches

KIMG0333.thumb.jpg.e3e3de53a94aad2a7b30851383bfe5ce.jpg

Now to put it to some use, and get back to work on my build...

KIMG0334.thumb.jpg.6216b1c641865e4ac6898e7d09e28a52.jpg

On 7/29/2017 at 7:37 PM, Midlife said:

I'll take two for $400, Alex.

Without the wheel, adjuster and lower anvils I probably have close to that in materials. The total outlay is a little north of $2k (ouch lol)

On 7/29/2017 at 7:47 PM, RPM said:

I don't have my degree in powder coating, but I could see being charged $400 to coat this beast.

If I didn't have a great perk (sometimes its better than cash bonuses lol) to use the shop equipment for my personal indulgence, it would have been about half of that for the powder, cleaning, phosphate treatment, and baking to an outside customer. 

On 7/29/2017 at 8:49 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Beautiful !  But you might had better anchor it to the floor ,i get pretty aggressive with mine ,if it falls over on you it may eat you

I tried to move it without the engine hoist, just to slide it a little, and couldn't. I personally can't see bolting it to the floor, it would take a rather large hit to move it. I'm not strong enough to budge it, it is heavy lol. It would be a very bad day if it did topple over, I wouldn't want to be near it. 

12 hours ago, jonnybee said:

You must be proud of all the hard work put into the wheeling machine. That's the best one I've ever seen.

I thank you for the compliment.  It was a lot of work, and very enjoyable. I am always attempting to go to the next level in whatever I am building. I am my own worst critic and look for ways to improve my techniques and abilities. I want to get to wheeling some parts on it, but have to finish up some other areas. Kinda like the USAF "hurry up and wait" lol.

11 hours ago, RPM said:

Heck, I'm proud of it, and I've only watch him build it thru the pictures :)

I'm just glad it didn't turn into the "big magnet" lol.