Guys, I'm about to lose it! I got an entire suspension setup (just for street driving/daily driver) from global west which came with Double Adjustable Viking shocks and now my car is SO bouncy! I hate driving my car now! It looks so great and rides so terrible. I've tried so many different settings and none seem to be close to a normal ride. Right now I'm at 1C 4R and that's about the closest I've been, but I'm still boy confused so much on a road that seems pretty flat. I have 18" torque thrust 2's with meaty low pro Nittos. I got All Global West uca and lca, sway bar, frame rails, Shelby drop, Monte Carlo, Viking DA coilovers in front, reverse eye leafs w DA Vikings in rear....borgeson ps 

if moreinfo is needed I'm glad to give it! Just PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! 

I'm not familiar with Viking, but the owners used to work for QA1, which I have on my 69. QA1 recommends starting at the middle settings and adjust from there. Mine rides pretty nice at the middle settings. Bounce should be able to be controlled by the shock settings, regardless of the rest of your suspension. Is it still bouncy at full firm on the adjustments?

I'm thinking the springs are to soft, since the ride is bouncy. A stiff spring would lead to a harsh ride.

Perhaps a silly question but: have you preloaded the springs so they don't bounce around during suspension travel?

Yes whats your preload at and what are your spring rates ? What setting are the front vs the rear. I'm guessing no anti squat adjustments. So many variables when setting these up. Try 3c 5r for the street, found this to be a good starting point. Once dialed in they are a great shock. 

Imho, if your springs are too soft the shocks should be able to firm up the ride. If your springs are too stiff the springs won't be able to soften a bumpy ride. I have 350# front and 150# rear 12" springs. With the shock settings at the minimum setting the suspension will bottom out, but with them set at the middle setting it rides just about perfect.

On 5/29/2017 at 2:10 PM, stangnet33 said:

Yes whats your preload at and what are your spring rates ? What setting are the front vs the rear. I'm guessing no anti squat adjustments. So many variables when setting these up. Try 3c 5r for the street, found this to be a good starting point. Once dialed in they are a great shock. 

So, I just found out the reverse eye leaf springs are 160 and I don't think they were preloaded which is the major problem. They were just tightened down. I'm away for work for the next month, so now I have something to look forward to when I get home! Preloading these shackles!

The preload I was referring to was your front coilover springs. As you adjust the nut (around the shock) that the bottom of the spring rides on with your spanner wrench, it should move up or down depending on the direction you are turning. Preload is the amount of compression the spring is under while at normal ride height. At least that's what i'm referring too... My initial thought is that there is not enough preload on your spring.

1 hour ago, cavboy78 said:

The preload I was referring to was your front coilover springs. As you adjust the nut (around the shock) that the bottom of the spring rides on with your spanner wrench, it should move up or down depending on the direction you are turning. Preload is the amount of compression the spring is under while at normal ride height. At least that's what i'm referring too... My initial thought is that there is not enough preload on your spring.

I could be completely wrong, but it's the rear where I'm feeling all the bounce. The front feels fine. I don't think the front would affect the rear would it? When I push down on the truck the rear ended springs up and bounces. 

2 hours ago, nickjames138 said:

I could be completely wrong, but it's the rear where I'm feeling all the bounce. The front feels fine. I don't think the front would affect the rear would it? When I push down on the truck the rear ended springs up and bounces. 

ok, the rear shocks do not have nearly enough rebound damping and may be faulty . that spring rate is fine.