Installed driver's window regulator and put some manifold coating to pretty up the engine bay. Removed the passenger and rear seat. I had to experience more "custom" work that a previous shop "installed" Instead of using the correct bolt to hold the back seat in place, they used a regular nut and bolt. So I had to have my son get under the car and I was inside to take that off. Then I removed all the old insulation in the back seat area.and cleaned it out to see if there was any rust problems. Just surface rust. Removed trim from the rear wheels and rocker panels to save money. Removed parts under the dash to help with the install of the AC.

IMG_3583.thumb.jpg.6ab63825f38d5330e734da37914abdb1.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

Went by the shop today to drop off the hood scoop template and check out the progress. Things are moving along with no surprises. Floor pans are replaced and I have extra parts to return that were not needed. He was impressed by the rewiring of the car. He is going to bring by a paint guy to look at the car and see the work that is needed.

I took the instrument panel from him so I can get that cleaned up and replace any parts. Overall very happy

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

I haven't gotten a quote yet on the paint (waiting on the body work) to see what sort of budget I'll have to work with... But I do know that it'll have to be stripped off so the current color doesn't have to be the final product. 

So I have been toying around with what I would like and what makes sense. Of course the bottom line will determine what I get in the end. Please excuse the crude rendering. There's a lot that isn't correct on the drawing, but it gives a good idea of the overall look-n-feel of the car. I plan on making my own custom graphics to have a sign shop make for me. The first is the current color with a stainless steel/red graphic and blacked out hood and rear section. The next is white (would hide any body imperfections) with blacked out hood/etc and red/black graphics.

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 3.34.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 3.33.30 PM.png

I worked some more on the gauges last night. Painted some of the needles that were faded. The fuel and temp gauges have extra pieces for them but I am not sure if I want to add them. The instructions are not specific enough to this year and not a lot of the web about them. We shall see...hopefully

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

Also I stopped by the shop to drop some cash off and see the progress. AC install is progressing. Some issues with one of the heater hoses being too high and interfering with the firewall, but hopefully that will be fixed. Also on a side note, when you upgrade to EFI and get the tank, the filler neck will not work because of the size. Ordered a 70 version and hopefully this will fixe that problem.

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

Completed the instrument panel rebuild with Electro-Luminescent kit. So far very pleased with the outcome. I'll keep you posted on how it comes together when its in the car. If you are interested on a how-to article here you go - http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/interior-electrical/mump-0509-electro-luminescent-instruments-install/

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Update on the car.

Unfortunately I forgot to take pics, though a lot of it is behind the dash and not really noticeable for the work completed. Holley Sniper is mounted and the wiring is in the process of going thru the firewall. The AC bracket had to be modified (2 inches cut out) to lower it so the cooling lines wouldn't interfere with the hood. Also the heater tube had to be cut and welded to clear the firewall. The duct work and wiring has been completed for the AC set up. The fuel lines have been installed and the electric fuel pump hooked up as well. I brought over the 1970 fuel neck and its the correct bend to fit with the EFI tank.

When I go by next week I'm guessing a lot of things will be buttoned up with AC and EFI in working condition and hopefully start on the bodywork/rust repair. 

Still having a problem finding a paint shop that will actually do old cars or one that doesn't charge more than the car is worth. Until next time...

Dropped by the shop today to see the progress and drop off some old parts to diagnose the issue with the instrument panel gauges not working. Also talked with the painter about the work to be done and the timeline. AC is in and working, EFI is in and working, scoops are on. Hood is ready to go. Hinges on the doors, getting close to this phase completed.

Hopefully today he will figure out the problem with either the circuit board or the voltage regulator.

IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3757.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

IMG_3754.JPG