Machspeed

69 Fastback Rear Window Molding Clip Locations

Removing all the chrome trim on my car and everything has come off quite easily with the exception of the rear window trim. That gasket makes it particularly difficult to find the clips for removal. Was wondering if someone could provide a picture of their car with the glass removed and the clips, or at least the pins, in place for evaluation of approximate location?

Thanks,

John 

Thanks fellas. And Tim, thank you! 

I spent about two hours Sunday trying to get that molding off without destroying anything. While jacking with it, was thinking I'd rather drop a tranny...sheez! Figured out a few things and think I'll put together a tutorial on both the windshield and rear window trim removal. Anyway, got it all off without damage.

One other thing, when I finally got tge trim off, I noted that some clips were missing. Not only were they missing but so was their respective attachment pins. Anybody where to acquire them and how to attach them?

4 hours ago, Caseyrhe said:

Would these work for the roof/side Horse medallion that's slides on as well. Body shop ground my brothers off on 1 side

I'd glue on the medallion before I drilled a hole in the upper quarter panel.

20 hours ago, Machspeed said:

Thanks fellas. And Tim, thank you! 

I spent about two hours Sunday trying to get that molding off without destroying anything. While jacking with it, was thinking I'd rather drop a tranny...sheez! Figured out a few things and think I'll put together a tutorial on both the windshield and rear window trim removal. Anyway, got it all off without damage.

One other thing, when I finally got tge trim off, I noted that some clips were missing. Not only were they missing but so was their respective attachment pins. Anybody where to acquire them and how to attach them?

Yes machspeed you need a stud gun . I was lucky that the guy next door to me had one that I could borrow as the new Dynacorn quarter I purchased didn't come with them. It took me longer to mark them out than putting the studs on . Maybe see if you can borrow one.