Sean D

Lokar Throttle Cable - stock accelerator pedal

I already have a Lokar TV cable with holley carborator braket so a Lokar throttle cable will bolt up nicely. The Lokar throttle cable looks much more solid than the stocker oem throttle cables. 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-bag-6117?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-lokar&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9YTJBRD0vKClruOsuOwBEiQAGkQjP9nTMYwVfKXtAPDR5L51s86t1Sj6M3DNXAMhRVfYxcwaAuym8P8HAQ

Has anyone installed a Lokar Throttle Cable? And if so what did you do to make the clevis on the Lokar cable end to work with your factory accelorator pedal arm?

I did it last year when I installed my AOD. I either used the cable stop supplied or went to the hardware store and picked up a cable stop, I don't remember which, but it worked. You just have to pop out the little plastic bushing the cable goes through on the pedal and cut the stock cable so you can remove the bushing. Put the Lokar cable through the bushing, insert back into your pedal arm and install the cable stop. You might have to adjust the cable stop a few times to get the pedal where you want it.

Matt   

Thank you for the reply. So you did not use the clevis that comes with the Lokar throttle cable Kit? Also do you mind telling me if you had to make any adjustments where the cable goes through the Firewall? Picture if you have a minute?

acc35_4.19.jpg

If you remove the clips you can remove the clevis pin and there's just a ball on the end, the ball fits nicely in the plastic bushing that goes in the pedal arm. You adjust the pedal height by adjusting the length of the cable at the carburetor. The clevis just slides down the cable and can be removed on the other end of the cable. Where it goes through the firewall I just used a fender washer on each side of the cable to cover the bigger hole in the firewall. I'm out of town until tomorrow, I will try to post a pic then.

Matt   

9 hours ago, grendi said:

get one of these from your local bicycle dealer.

this will work perfect with the mustang gas pedal.

Custom700.jpg

Brandi- are you replacing the clevis that comes with the lokar cable with the item in your picture?

yes exactly. this will work if your pedal looks like the one in the attached picture.
I could post a picture of my setup if you need it.

by the way, the lokar cables can be shortend to the desired size.
i have seen crazy stuff from people who did not know this.

9725-4a.jpg

5 hours ago, grendi said:

yes exactly. this will work if your pedal looks like the one in the attached picture.
I could post a picture of my setup if you need it.

by the way, the lokar cables can be shortend to the desired size.
i have seen crazy stuff from people who did not know this.

9725-4a.jpg

Grendi - picture is worth 1000 words, so if you do not mind please share your setup.  Yes this is my acceleration pedal, which is a 69 version. The 70 version is different than the 69 where the 70 has the plastic bushing on the cable that pushes into the pedal linkage opening. 70 version is like first pic with blue plastic bushing. 69 version is like 2nd and 3rd picture. 

70 cable.jpg

69 cable.jpg

69 cable #2.JPG

Grandi os correct, for a '69 get a cable stop from a bicycle or motorcycle shop and it will work great. Mine is a '70 and the ball on the end of the cable fit perfectly into the blue plastic bushing.

Matt  

basically it looks just like on your third picture, but the small barrel has a screw from the side that fixes the cable.
Unfortunatly, when i had the engine done, my mechanic must have had a problem with his ears when i asked him to contact me before modding any original part of my car.
he tried to use the lokar clevis and used a dremel to make the hole bigger.
i had to fix that as you can see on my picture, i bent a washer disk to fit the original rounding and glued it to the pedal with 2K epoxy for metal.

pedal.png
get a cable stop that has the hole as close to the center as possible and is at least 1/2" wide without screw. 

pedal2.JPG