Hey guys, what do you think this is worth?

I took it off a 69 cougar xr7 I bought for parts back in  07 or 08 along with a few other things I don't need anymore 
The car was a driver but I bought it shortly after it threw a rod. 
One of the rear wheels was bald....:surprise:

20170517_194136_zpsu3iyskfg.jpg
20170517_194124_zps19qcintf.jpg
20170517_194103_zpsrnkkz2va.jpg

Why is it worth nothing?  I'd bet you'll pay more than that if you need one.  It took a while for me to find an OEM clutch type 7 blade fan in good condition.  The OEM fans move much more air than aftermarket flex or clutch fans.

1 hour ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

Why is it worth nothing?  I'd bet you'll pay more than that if you need one.  It took a while for me to find an OEM clutch type 7 blade fan in good condition.  The OEM fans move much more air than aftermarket flex or clutch fans.

Agree^^^  This is actually a pretty decent fan for a 351W or 351C w/ 24" radiator, and is somewhat hard to find.  It offers the advantages of a clutch to save hp, while still giving good airflow capability when needed.  Furthermore it looks completely stock on our cars, and only a concourse judge would probably even notice it wasn't correct.  This is the same fan as I have on mine, and depending on what you want for it, I might be interested in it for a possible future project or something.

38 minutes ago, mqu02 said:

Agree^^^  This is actually a pretty decent fan for a 351W or 351C w/ 24" radiator, and is somewhat hard to find.  It offers the advantages of a clutch to save hp, while still giving good airflow capability when needed.  Furthermore it looks completely stock on our cars, and only a concourse judge would probably even notice it wasn't correct.  This is the same fan as I have on mine, and depending on what you want for it, I might be interested in it for a possible future project or something.

ok, this makes more sense to me.  I've always seen these as sought after

the only reason i thought of selling it is because I'm going with electric contour fans for my build instead.  i know these get posted on ebay for a lot but that's why I was asking what its worth.

they are NOT sought after an anyone that thinks they are is smokin crack . yes, there may be one or two people somewhere on the planet that might want it and whom might want to pay around $100.00 for it but finding them is like finding a needle in a haystack etc . if you want to sell it, put it on ebay in a fixed price ad for $100.00 ot offer . you can run it until it sells for FREE.

Finding really cherry ones can be tough sometimes andnyeas they are desirable and people do what them.

but, remember there is a difference between rare, desirable, and valuable.

the key thing that keeps them from being valuable is that they were put on a lot of different cars based on what engine was in them. And there are only certain people that want them.

do not throw it away unless you want to make all the rest of them a little more rare. You might as well sell it to someone that wants it or save it to use on a future project

If you clean it up and paint it you can raise the value a little

bob

That price was for the used fan and clutch.  But yeah, $282.47

I wonder if anyone ever buys them at that price? 

Oh, btw yay for me for 100 posts ha ha ha 

I really do like this forum, people here are much more helpful than some others I've been on

4 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

I agree, there are some real experts on this site, and it has a fair amount of activity.

2 hours ago, barnett468 said:

no, they don't . they ask $282.47 cents but never sell them . i know the owner.

Hey Mach1,  ^^ Exhibit "A" your honor lol

hehee, I stand corrected. So why doesn't he lower the price, I mean isn't he in business to sell things at a profit?? Its hard to believe it has to be priced that high to make a profit. And its such and odd price ( $282.47). Maybe his business model is to make an obscene profit.

he gets them off of wrecked cars and he thinks some cougar parts are worth a lot just because they are rare . i have bought a ton of stuff from him in the last 30 years . they are great people to deal with but not eveything they sell is realistically priced.