Sign in to follow this  
Caseyrhe

Need help identifying part

Any ideal what this is for? Does it even go on a 69 Mach? Found it in a box of many parts for my brothers car? Can in picture for size reference, about 3' long, 3/8 wide, with three holes in it, center and about 2" from each end.

IMG_6535.JPG

IMG_6536.JPG

IMG_6537.JPG

Is it flat or tubular?

Reminds me of the kick down rod on an automatic transmission car that has been straightened out or maybe a window part.  But I'm just guessing.

It's flat. I'm telling you, it's like where's Waldo digging thru the boxes, new stuff, old stuff, I'm in search of the heater cable clip that attaches to the fixed half on the heater box now. I'm finding a lot of the stuff I gave him after I sold my Mach in 85 too. 

The hood trim plate has a lot of holes in it. (see diagram I posted)      I have a piece similar to the one you show that I think came off of my 1970 mustang convertible top. I think it retained a piece of weather stripping....

hood_69.jpg

Brother had it done 7-8 years ago when car got painted. Everything has been in boxes that long and I'm putting his car together for him. I didn't come across anything like this putting mine together so throwing it out there to see if anyone has come across this piece