Sign in to follow this  
390mach1

WTB Gas tank jumper wire

I might have one, but I know there are different lengths.  I am pretty sure a dual exhaust car has a wire that is significantly longer than a single exhaust car.  The dual went all the way to the RH side of the tank, than back across the bottom again, where the single exhaust had a hole right above the sending unit.  I have no clue at all why Ford did this, especially considering both were capable of using a transverse muffler.

I'm in contact with 390Mach1, and awaiting specific information from him so I can craft up what he's looking for.  It appears it is not the male bullet to grommet to 90* connector/long extension in its entirety. 

Good to know that the long piece is for single exhaust and the short section for dual exhaust....I knew there was a difference but couldn't figure out which was which.  The extension above appears to be fairly rare, at least within my stock of 20+ tail-light harnesses.

From what I know the long one is for the dual exhaust, and the short one is for the single.  Or, specifically, I have a '69 H-Code San Jose car with single exhaust that had a short wire, then both a Dearborn and Metuchen dual exhaust car (one M-Code, and one R-Code) with long wires.  Both of those have a long wire that extends from the LH side of the tank, to the extreme RH side of the tank, then back across the bottom of the tank to the center.