Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Brake light switch question

I just finished doing the conversion to power brakes and I was told that I need an automatic power brake light switch BWD S259. When I installed the switch the contact prongs face to the drivers side, therefore the wire needs to move more to the left, but when the pedal is applied the wire is pulled tight. I have no more slack any whereelse on the a wire.

I noticed on my Manual brake light switch that the prongs face right thus allowing more slack for the wire.

When I look at both switches they look exact except one has the prongs to the left and the other to the right.

I was wondering if I can still use my manual brake light switch??

Or is there something I'm not understanding,

I got my brake light switch from NAPA Auto Parts.  NAPA's Echlin brand.  NAPA also carries BWD as their lower end electrical line.  Power brakes, manual trans setup.  The electrical terminals are on the right (passenger) side like your manual brake switch.

Nah, it can't be rotated. On one side there is a U cut out to allow rotation on the brake pedal.

Per 1969_Mach1's suggestion I looked into the NAPA site and found a switch for Pwr Brakes ECH SC201 and non power SC200. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Glad to still see ya around!