Sign in to follow this  
Topless69GT

Value of 69 GT convertible

Looking to sell my 69 Mustang GT convertible. It is a real nice car. Acapulco blue with white deluxe interior and top.  351w, FMX trans. The car has FiTech fuel injection. It is a solid #2 condition car. Not sure on the value. I see Mach ones in similar condition selling in the high 20's to low 30's. Not sure how the GT value compares. 

Also looking to sell my 07 Mustang GT convertible. It is white with black graphics and leather interior. Only has 13,000 miles on it. Will be putting that on eBay sometime this week. 

Looking to sell both to get my wife a newer GT convertible in black and buy something different for me. 

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

Haggerty's says 37 - 40K for a 2.   That's always high-end price, but that's got to be a rare car.  I have  a 69 vert with a 351W but its not a GT.  Do you have the high-end Marti report for it?  I'd bet on your car being a 1 of 1.  They couldn't have made many GT convertibles. Very nice car you've got there.  I wouldn't let that one go for less than 35K myself, but I'm biased to verts and I know how rare it is (I'm also not "needing" to sell one).  I think you'd make a mistake to take less than 30K, if I didn't already own one I'd be interested for sure!

The Marti report shows they made 1,127 GT convertibles. I don't have the high end marti report but I am sure there were only a few. It was originally royal maroon with black interior but I was not a big fan of that color combo so I changed it. In my mind I was thinking of asking 35-40k but was not sure. Have to find out what I want next. 

with the color change you might narrow the market just a little bit, but I love the new color.  Is it an H or  M code?  Either way, not a lot of them around.   Good luck with sale, I hope you don't regret it later but if you get what its worth then I think you'll be happy.  I thought I was going to have to sell mine, but for now I'm not so I get to enjoy it at least another year.  I've got a guy begging me to sell mine and I just had to tell him "maybe next year", and I was asking $31K for a base (with a 351 and brand new restore).

It is an h code car but now FiTech efi installed because carbs suck. Can be easily converted back to carb if someone wants to do that. If I sell the car new photos will be taken none on the flat bed. It was being brought back from being in storage. 

The 69 convertibles are rare and the GT option is very rare.

i hate to say it but it seems like the 69-70'convertables don't command the money that they should for their scarcity.

my gut says you should get a solid $30k for the car based on the pictures that I see.

as normal start a bit high to negotiate if need be. Of course this also is based on of location too

bob

Wow, that is a great looking car. I love the GT option and having a/c with a convertible is hard to find. If I were in the market I would probably buy that from you. I think the only thing hurting you for top dollar is that it is not original colors. That will detract the purists out there and limit your audience some. However, I also agree that no less than $30k should be the lower limit, assuming it is good in person as it is in the pictures.

You can search ebay for completed auctions to see what other verts sold for and then do some educated adjustments for yours. This is the right time of year to do it.