lalojamesliz

Widest rear tire/wheels for a 69 coupe

I'm going to be running a 408w (if i can find a good shop) with afr 205 heads and a custom cam for max power so I need lots of grip in the back. 
What size do you guys recommend for the wheels and tires?
I just want the largest I can stuff with fender rolling.
I was thinking about torqe thrust wheels but I'm not set on those yet.
I have a set of cobra brakes for the front so I'll need 17" for the front IIRC

I'm pretty sure folks here have installed 10" wide wheels and a 275 tire without issue with the proper offset. I don't think any size tire will keep you from spinning the tires at will.

8 hours ago, lalojamesliz said:

Anyone here have something called a file called dodgestang? 

A guy on another forum mentioned that to me

Dodgestangs original file was lost, even if someone has it many folks have complained of inaccuracies. 

7 hours ago, SM69Mach said:

I am running an 18X10 with a 285.  I Was running a 305 Drag Radial on an 18X10 with little issue. 

Would you happen to remember the back spacing? Or the tire ratio for the 285 tire or the drag radial?

One thing to watch and I can't remember the specifics.  I have 2007 gt brakes up front.  When I was researching wheel sixes to fit, 17 inch factory would clear but seems like I read not all 17 inch after market wheels would clear the caliper. 

I'll just go with 18 inch front and back to be safe.

Can anyone please verify if these wheels should fit 

https://m.summitracing.com/search?keyword=Vn2158165

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/are-vn2158700

I'm surprised a tire shop close to me wanted $310 (with tax included) more than summits prices for the same part numbers

The rear wheel lists "5 x 4.50 in. Bolt Circle" which is correct, but the front wheel lists "Blank Bolt Circle" which you don't want unless you plan on drilling your own wheel stud holes. The fronts will fit, I believe there rear also, but I don't have rear leaf springs on my car to confirm fit.

17 hours ago, lalojamesliz said:

Would you happen to remember the back spacing? Or the tire ratio for the 285 tire or the drag radial?

The rear was 18X10 with 6.38 Backspacing, no spacers.  The Drag radial was a 305/35.  I am running a 285/35, should have gone 40 series as the 35 is a bit short on a 285.  

The front I am running a 17X8, with 5.72 back spacing and 245/25 tire.  I am running a 1 inch spacer up front.    These are wheels that fit the 94-04 mustang, so pretty cheap and available.

Hope that helps

Scott 

35 minutes ago, SM69Mach said:

The rear was 18X10 with 6.38 Backspacing, no spacers.  The Drag radial was a 305/35.  I am running a 285/35, should have gone 40 series as the 35 is a bit short on a 285.  

The front I am running a 17X8, with 5.72 back spacing and 245/25 tire.  I am running a 1 inch spacer up front.    These are wheels that fit the 94-04 mustang, so pretty cheap and available.

Hope that helps

Scott 

This definitely helps! Especially the part of these fit 94-04 mustangs. 

I was preparing myself to spend $1800ish on new wheels and tires but looking for some used wheels will save a lot and let me but something else :-)

Thank you Scott

My set is the same deal.  94-04 with 6.37 backspacing in rear, my fronts are 18x9.  I got my wheel and tire package mounted and balanced and shipped ready to install from wheelreplicas.com.

Thus far I am pretty happy with them.