Caseyrhe

My Brothers 69 Mach

Here it is, my brothers Mach. He is the second owner, bought it in 78, drove for a 8 or 9 years, and then it was parked. He was going to have it totally restored, but when the shop started installing bolts and nuts from the hardware store, he said," stop, make it a roller, and I'll come pick it up." It has sat untouched in his garage and now his shop for about a total 6 years. Knowing he doesn't really know how or have the drive to put back together, I am stepping up and going to start. Car was totally rust free and has all its original sheet metal. Unfortunately the knuckleheads that disassembled the car, threw ALL the clips, screws, nuts, and bolts in a 5 gallon bucket, fun right! Good thing I tagged and bagged the parts car I bought.

Gold, black int, 390 GT, 4 speed, fold down seat, tilt man steering, fact tach, no ac

IMG_6460.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

IMG_6462.JPG

IMG_6463.JPG

IMG_6464.JPG

I always have to be working on something! I refurbished the heater box today, new foam kit and heater core. He has most of what's needed to put it back together, seals, felt, insulation, pads, ....... but most needs to be cleaned up and repainted. So bring the stuff home and refurbish/paint then take it back to his shop, bring more home....will start installing soon. I bought a 51 Chevy truck in Dec, so that's waiting in the wings too.

Great project and congratulations to you for being so kind to your bro. That paint job looks absolutely beautiful! Keep on keeping on, as they say :D! Cheers, and hopefully you'll keep us posted!

Spent the afternoon going thru boxes trying to sort the parts into some form of organization. Can't find the headliner tack strips, but know there somewhere in his shop and gave that task along with calling the guy to get the headliner installed. I brought these dusty things home with me and plan to refurbish these in the interim. 

IMG_6488.JPG

IMG_6487.JPG

IMG_6486.JPG

Well, I found the freaking tack strips after 2 hours of looking through more boxes he brought from home, got them installed along with 4 coat hooks, chest belt bolts, and screws for headliner strip, which I painted also. Sun visors restored with new hardware ready. Just need the headliner to be installed, guess I may need to schedule that for him too, lol.  

I have disassembled the dash panels, repainted the bezels, got the clock working, so now I'm waiting for the new lenses and circuit panel to arrive that's on backorder through CJ's to reassemble.

Hope to have some pics of progress Sunday evening.

Lower dash and steering column in, wires all connected except heater blower motor. Need help finding where they plug into. Could it be the 2 light green wire with female ends? Have a 3rd light green wire, female end that's down by light blue console/ cig and ash tray light.

IMG_6531.JPG

IMG_6532.JPG

IMG_6533.JPG

IMG_6534.JPG

Heater blower motor should have a three-pin "triangular" plug with red, blue, and black/yellow wires.  The two green wires with black covers over the spade leads are for AC.  This plug is usually found near the RH door jamb connector area, but sometimes it comes off of the harness as it goes to the firewall in a flat three-pin plug, which needs an extension and coversion from flat three-pin plug to "triangular" 3 pin plug.

This is what my plug looks like. It has a red, light blue and black w/yellow stripe wires. The orange or 48 year faded red wire from the blower motor in the engine bay goes to the single terminal below the multi wire plug.

Heater wire.jpg

Heater wire.jpg

IMG_20170507_180810.jpg

Working on the tail lights, that way my son has something to install while I'm installing something else. Popped off the SS trim pieces, that need buffing out, and decided I needed to get the rest of the trim to polish that at the same time. While there, also picked up all the fingerglass panels to get those painted up as well. 

Any ideal where I might be able to pick up the other half of cable retainer, pictured?

While there, took a few pics of his parts, some were mine I gave him years ago.....maybe he will give them back??? Yes 428 SCJ ex manifolds, SCJ heads, 2 Nodular housings, .....

IMG_6575.JPG

IMG_6574.JPG

IMG_6573.JPG

IMG_6561.JPG

IMG_6562.JPG

IMG_6563.JPG

IMG_6564.JPG

IMG_6565.JPG

IMG_6566.JPG

IMG_6567.JPG