Sign in to follow this  
Sea

Stupid Question of the Day

Again .... a picture is worth a Thousand words .... need I say more?  1969 Convertible 302 2 bbl Front brake conversion was already done when I got the car ... THEN ... I noticed the wear in the first picture below, the hose runs across the sway bar (on both sides) and has worn a hole through the rubber to the hose core (on both sides) ... no leaks .. YET!! ... technical questions follow ... 1.) IF I replace with steel braid hoses will it still wear through? 2.) Is there a better way to route/reroute the hoses? 3.) Why can't things just work the way you want them to? 4.) Why does crap have to be so dang difficult? 

Any suggestions would be appreciated .... also do they sell patience anywhere? 

IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3305.JPG

*sigh* y'all are right of course ... luckily it's pouring here today .... if it were sunny I'd be more ticked off then I am about this .... to top it all off the daughter dropped off Grand kids this morning, so I have 2 "helpers"  2 & 3 years old ..... kinda like herding cats in a tornado .... so much for getting under the car today ..... I need a Scotch and a cigar ..... or perhaps a tree and some ductape ......

That brake hose bracket is also not located in the correct position.

theu mount to the middle of the frame rail to exsisting holes.

looks like they drilled a couple of holes at the top of the rail

bob

As my Father told me on many occasions "Want" in one hand and crap in the other .... see which one one gets full first ..... My wife doesn't even drive my Mustang .... Grand Kids have Zero Chance ....