Thin Lizzy

Collected my 69 Mach 1 today

Hi All,

Below are a few pics of my new 69 M code I collected today.  Just been serviced and they couldn't find anything wrong with it so just fresh oil and oil filter.  The paint is flat and faded in areas, especially the doors (from California sun) and there are various stone chips on it.  Still no idea where to get black jade paint from!  Goes like stink though and much better than my old 72 302 vert.

Mach%201bf_zpscbulxkuf.jpg

1_zpszexgyyvd.jpg

2_zpss8ycqllm.jpg

4_zpsb4tw0hr4.jpg

Side_zpsuiyhug71.jpg

Does anyone know how much these go for in the States now?  I've heard price have started to rise.

8 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

How long does a car like that last out in the elements in the UK?

Not long.  But mine's in a heated and insulted garage and it's not going out in the rain, so hopefully a long time.

5 hours ago, Thin Lizzy said:

Does anyone know how much these go for in the States now?  I've heard price have started to rise.

They made a lot of Mach1s with the 351w and FMX so maybe in the 20s for a nice example, but I don't really track the prices. It cost me around $3800 brand new. An authentic big block can bring big money on Barrett Jackson. Whatdaya think guys dollar wi$e?

It's a custom show plate with US raised type.  Pre 1973 cars can display black and white plates in the UK.  Show plates are not legal though but most police don't realise they're show plates if they're b/w.