Sign in to follow this  
Sean D

351C Water Pump inlet side

All,

Future plan is to swap the existing 351C with a 351W in my 69 Mach1, but for now I am keeping the 351C. I need to replace my radiator and want to get a passenger side bottom inlet in preparation for the 351W. Question is, is there a passenger side inlet water pump that will fit the 351C? If not, can I use a 351W passenger side water pump on the 351C? Or should I just keep the driver side water pump on the 351C for now, and just fabricate a hose to accommodate the new radiator with the passenger side bottom inlet? Thought please?

On 4/15/2017 at 5:09 AM, Sean D said:

All,

Future plan is to swap the existing 351C with a 351W in my 69 Mach1, but for now I am keeping the 351C. I need to replace my radiator and want to get a passenger side bottom inlet in preparation for the 351W. Question is, is there a passenger side inlet water pump that will fit the 351C? If not, can I use a 351W passenger side water pump on the 351C? Or should I just keep the driver side water pump on the 351C for now, and just fabricate a hose to accommodate the new radiator with the passenger side bottom inlet? Thought please?

You sort of answered your own question here. Future plan is to swap out engines, So I would make a hose fabrication to allow the use of your new radiator till then.

Cost of hose and tubing is cheaper than a new radiator later. Or wait till you d the swap for radiator replacement if the old one still works.