bosephus

Install sub frame connector?

I built these connectors awhile back but I'm now having second thoughts about installing  them. Im wondering if it is worth doing or not. I'm also unsure if it would prohibit any future plans for caltracs or some other traction devices. What's your  opinion on this?

20170410_190915.jpg

20170410_190838.jpg

they look good! im not up to speed with the caltrack stuff but i wouldnt think it would interfere with any plans down the road. i made some tubular ones that come up the back side and go forward all the way to the torque box. now that would mess with things down the road. 

On 4/10/2017 at 8:19 PM, bosephus said:

I'm also unsure if it would prohibit any future plans for caltracs or some other traction devices. What's your  opinion on this?

if those hang down from the frame rail right next to where the leaf spring mounts, then i think they will interfere with the nut on the caltrac.   there are ways around that issue though.

No it wasn't, but thanks for posting the pics as it makes sense to me now. I was thinking about making a hole on the inside edge of the frame rail to access the nut.

Thanks for the replies,  the car will be used as a weekend driver. It may get beat on but autocrossing/track days are not in the plans. The car just felt really limber is why I built the connectors. I do want to add caltracs or something similar but funds have run out. I just put 3.70 gears and and a tru-trac in and am wrapping up a t5 conversion so the caltracs will have to wait.