Ok, I know a picture is worth a Thousand words, however being a life long U.S. Navy Sailor there is no picture that could accurately depict the Thousand words that spewed from my lips earlier today!!  Although I'm certain many (if not most) of y'all have uttered many of these words yourselves at one time or another.... First I ordered new tires and rims from CJ Pony to the tune of $819.95 AND I sprang for the legendary <<(Not so much) Center Caps to the tune of $99.36 for 4 Center Caps (CJ is damn proud of those Center Caps I guess) while installing the new center cap on the new tire the entire back pulled off the center cap .... I guess Legendary ain't what it once was ... please bear with me I DO have a technical question in here somewhere .... So I went to install the 1st new tire on the passenger side (with the 2nd of the 4 Legendary Center Caps installed) tightened the tire with the new chromed lug nut, everything was looking good ..... UNTIL ..... I spun the tire (and this is where the thousand words started) the tire spun free about 3/4 of the way around then 1/4 of the way the tire wall was rubbing fairly snugly on the edge of the coil spring saddle ..... so my technical question is ..... WHY??? .... Second technical question is how much space should there be between the coil spring saddle and the tire wall ?? I've been told there are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking them .... I never claimed to be a brain surgeon .... but I can tie my shoes all by myself .... although I may not have them on the right feet.

Specs:  69 Convertible 302, tires 215/70 R15

Thanks all, I appreciate the replies ..... I set it on the ground and yes there is clearance .... but .... <<(isn't there ALWAYS a but) .... between the coil spring saddle and the sidewall of the tire there is only about 1/4 inch or less, should I start considering a spacer? Is there supposed to be a minimum distance between the saddle and the sidewall? ...... *sigh* and my dumb a@@ thought this was going to be easy ..... 

Your tires are nearly an inch narrower than mine (235/60R15) and I don't have any clearance problems.  What is the backspacing on your rims?  Have you recently rebuilt your suspension... is it possible your alignment is way off and you have too much negative camber?  

david