LoneWolf2U

Another craigslist rant

Ok Its MY rant about people who do not follow thru or do not read your ad completely.

When you post something for sale and are as honest with your description as you can be because if your not what do you say when they show up and look at it?

You get responses that they have cash in hand then they want to do check or wire transfer, WTF!

Then you get someone who says they want it and will be in touch, please do not sell t to someone else.

So you pull your ad waiting for them to come or call for a week and no reply.

So you re post your ad only to have them email you saying I thought you were selling it to me?

Am I losing it or was my ad not clear enough?

Not sure how to post it here, Am not that electronic 10 year old smart.

My ad is on craigslist in Portland. Id # 6047003399

If you have a moment please read it and let me know what I should add to it.

Thanks for your time. 

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/6047003399.html

Um, as you know that's a complete and well written ad. It's the typical Craigslist idiots who respond that make selling there difficult. Very nice Mach 1 and trailer you have there Rider.

To cut and paste any website page, right click your mouse on or highlight the page address which starts with http. A choice will appear to cut our copy, picking copy is safer for you. Then you can insert or paste that link into your post here by clicking and it will appear as a hyperlink like mine above, and in a different color than your text, where your cursor is clicked.

Recently I sold some drivetrain parts on CL and when the seller arrived we both confessed we were leery about the other being a flake, not showing up and the other typical concerns with CL. Good luck with your sale.

I recently saw a 2003 crew cab Ford f150 4x4 with a blown up motor on CL. that i would have bought on the spot ,it had a blown up 5.4 for $1500. and the truck looked like new .never could get a hold of the seller and he kept updating his ad so i started flagging it .It should forever be known as Flakes list because that is where they seem to gather .

Rpm, Thanks for the link insert, What you posted on how to do it is all Greek to me.

Give me a wrench and I can may a pile of crap run, but trying to make a computer work is.......Well not happening.

Like getting a phone call from my daughter, Her friend has a chevy truck that quit when they went to get a burger and now it will not start.

I say hold the phone out and let me hear it, Tell her to have him change the ign pickup and try again. Calls 15 minutes later and they are running down the highway again.

Playing with the wife's video recorder and took an 8 minute video of her running and can;t make it up load anywhere because they say its too big?

I see video all the time that is much longer, May have to wait till kid comes by and let her post it.

Ridge, yes those sellers get past over after no reply. Do not know if they are just fishing for current email address for spam.

Nice car.  That's one of my favorite colors on these Mach 1's.  Try somethinig other than Craigslist.  I think the responses you are getting are not unusual for Craigslist shoppers.  Have you tried EBay?  EBay has provisions to list locally if you don't want to deal with arranging shipping.

The ad is thorough, but kind of long to read.  I couldn't get through the whole thing.  Kind of like a resume.  If it's too long, people won't read it.  Maybe reformatting the ad so its easier to follow would help.

I agree is very wordy. When I look at CL ads all I want to know is what motor, year, do you have a clean title and how long you've owned it. That and good up close pics. Splitting the car and trailer up would probably make it easier to sell.

1969_ Mach1     Thanks for the reply and as you can see she has her theme of the red/black one of my favorites also.

I did go back and break it into units to make reading easier. I know its more than most post in an ad but wanted to supply the best description  I could.

Don't know how many ads I have read that it has been totally redone and when I look thru the pic's posted there is many things that stick out as flaws to their claims.

Just trying to be as upfront as I can, That's just me.

While I do shop on FleaBay, paying them for the sale or paypal fees just push my buttons. Yes I know they need to make money but.......

Will see how it goes, wife says don't sell her but It's hard to tinker on her when she is in that box.

I agree is very wordy. When I look at CL ads all I want to know is what motor, year, do you have a clean title and how long you've owned it. That and good up close pics. Splitting the car and trailer up would probably make it easier to sell.

That is what the first ad was, still ran into idiots.

I've researched ebay a good bit. I am thinking of posting my 63 F100 on there. The paypal fee should only be on the deposit or the monies transfered through paypal. In most cases they do not have a sumbmission fee and if the car sells it's 120 bucks. If it sells and buyer doesn't pay its still 120 bucks if it doesn't sell then there is no fee. Again, never used it but researched.

Yes if they don't put up right away they should shut up .I would not hold a car for someone that would not at least put up a deposit .

yes the ad was long ,but ...if they are truly  interested they will read it ,i would .

X2

OP, the ad is long but more info is better than not enough. I've sold a lot on craigslist. Always prioritize buyers, first come gets it. Someone says they're coming to look at the item, set a time both agree on. If no-show, on to the next interested party. When I have multiple interested parties I put them on a list and let them know where they're at. Never hold anything without a deposit.

I agree the ad is a little long, but it describes everything in detail that I would want to know if I was considering this car & trailer. I also would not pull the ad without some sort of down payment.

And the Idiots keep on coming, I receive an email from a fellow that wants to take my ad and add 1k to it so he can broker it to the overseas crowd.

Says he;ll set up the deal and when they pay me I send him his 1k.   REALLY?

Ok I admit the ad is long and a lot of info may or may not appeal to most, But if I was thinking of dropping a large sum of money on a 47 year old car, Details are very important to me.

Just like pictures can show a lot and if your looking past the pretty paint there are things that show what type of work was done or lack of.

Sadly I did have LOTS of pictures of her over time and they showed details of her improvements and upgrades like the engine internals. But they seem to be stuck in the old pc and may be lost. Yes I know now the file should have been loaded to a disc, and I thought I did that before the move.

I guess that I am to set in my ways and this new day of electronic crap now limits peoples reading skills to 140 bits.

Update; Just proving my point again. email from guy saying that my ad saying its 95% original but has different trans is miss leading.

The ad says the sheet metal is 95% not the drive train.  But that statement was farther down than 140 bits in the writing.

Well I priced it as close to its worth as I see it, Maybe it is a little low for some and too high for others.

Had I still had my shop area to work on her further as in body and paint it would have been much higher priced.

The main thing was to get the running gear up to good working order and then do the body and paint.

The price I feel is reasonable for an almost 50 years old car with close to ALL its original metal from the factory.

And lets not take it wrong, There are many that do have the talent to replace metal and come near to factory correctness, But it still has replacement pieces on it.

She's a very clean driver as she sits (well with a bath anyways) and she drives like a go kart on steroids!

Wife say don't sell her.... will see how it goes.

My wife told me I couldn't get another car unless I put up a detached garage to keep them in. So I go out and buy a Fox Body and the first thing she says is call about a steel building. I'd like to think she's really that awesome, but I kind of suspect she just wants to put her car in the attached garage. 

Moral of the story: Listen to your wife. You just need more shop space.

On 4/22/2017 at 11:07 AM, Mach1Rider said:

Wife say don't sell her.... will see how it goes.

Your wife is pretty wise... and a keeper! Does she have an identical twin sister who's single???  :)