Dvldog221

1970 mustang coupe ducktail spoiler?

I've thought about it, but wanted more of the Shelby De Mexico Duck Tail, I know Ridge is making some type of Shelby Ducktail for the coupes, but unsure if it's the Mexico one. 

those Chevy duck tails, I think you're going to have to drill holes on the trunk. I've seen types of variations on how the wing is installed (Angle wise), but no DIY Instructions. 

I have a 70 coupe here i am planning on making the Shelby end caps for the 70 coupe on .The 70 has completely  different end caps for the coupe compared to the 69 coupe .I will be the only one making caps for the 70 .Soon as i finish that i want to make the Shelby Mexcio trunk lid and end caps .Now they will be for a 70 coupe so i will need to find a 69 coupe to make the Shelby Mexico end caps for the 69s ,but the trunk lids will be the same for both years . I have the 69 Shelby trunk lid and end cap molds  for the 69 coupe already .I also want to make the tail panel for the Shelby Mexico as it is different from the american Shelby tail panel 

I have a 70 coupe here i am planning on making the Shelby end caps for the 70 coupe on .The 70 has completely different end caps for the coupe compared to the 69 coupe .I will be the only one making caps for the 70 .Soon as i finish that i want to make the Shelby Mexcio trunk lid and end caps .Now they will be for a 70 coupe so i will need to find a 69 coupe to make the Shelby Mexico end caps for the 69s ,but the trunk lids will be the same for both years . I have the 69 Shelby trunk lid and end cap molds for the 69 coupe already .I also want to make the tail panel for the Shelby Mexico as it is different from the american Shelby tail panel

Are you going to sell the molds when you are done?

Yeah old thread, and they're talking about 70s, but following that line of thought, I never understood why guys put a rear deck spoiler on a 69 fastback, since it already has a duck ass. Adding a spoiler just looks like and afterthought to me and out of place. Just my opinion.... and no doubt influenced by looking at mine, without a spoiler, for over 50 years.

Never seen a '69-70 Coupe with that style spoiler on it.   It does look like a Camaro styled spoiler, guess it looks ok.   

Looks like it is a '69 (has '69 rear window trim) but with a '70 taillight panel ... but then trying to call it out as a Shelby too with gas cap & lettering on trunk lid is a little too much.

Any more pics of this thing out there ??

Doug   

On 1/12/2021 at 9:00 AM, stangs-R-me said:

Never seen a '69-70 Coupe with that style spoiler on it.   It does look like a Camaro styled spoiler, guess it looks ok.   

Looks like it is a '69 (has '69 rear window trim) but with a '70 taillight panel ... but then trying to call it out as a Shelby too with gas cap & lettering on trunk lid is a little too much.

Any more pics of this thing out there ??

Doug   

Here is a different one.

mustang spoiler1.jpg