k9usmc

Donor swap

Stick with your basic Stang and improve it. Get the book: "Boss 302 Chassis Modification" from Muscle Parts Headquarters PO Box 5386  Milwaukee Junction Station Detroit, Michigan 48211 for $2.00. Do the Arning/Shelby 1" drop, its basically free and makes a huge difference. Get a Scott Drake straight Monte Carlo bar and their export brace

The 69 Mach1 has front discs, use those or go to Wilwood. I hear lots of good things about Open Tracker UCA, LCA and roller perches, or Scott Drake makes an inexpensive perch and control arms if you're on a budget. Change to a 7/8 sway bar with urethane bushings. TCP makes killer Adjustable strut rods, and less expensive ones are available from Global West, Street or Track, Ron Morris, or Rosehill. Get a good set of shocks, most say Bilsteins are the best, or KYB numbers: KG4517 front and KG5517 rear.

Send your steering gear and power steering stuff to Chocko Stang to be rebuilt- they get high praises from everyone. Rack and pinion is expensive and most say doesn't recenter well (that should start a controversy).

Depending if your going 69 to 69 or 69 to 70 as I did.

I changed mine from 69 drum/drum to 70 disc/drum. You need the 70 front brake lines, proportioning valve, Brake Booster and Master Cylinder. You will also need the spindles and both outer tie rod ends, because the 70 spindles are beefier and have bigger holes for the tie rod & of course the calipers.  The 69 & 70 There is nothing different between to 2 suspensions beside sway bar thickness. I would buy all new front suspension parts to go along with the exchange.

Double check on the Brake Pedal there are different types for Stick/Auto, plus manual/power brakes.

You can also keep your 69 drum spindles and convert to a 68 4 piston caliper setup.

As for steering they are all the same unless you go aftermarket.

Check out MustangSteves website, tons of brake info.

I used the mustang Steve brackets to convert mine from drum to 2007 gt disc brakes. Got calipers from ebay as take offs. Very pleased with how it came out. Also done the drop as mentioned earlier. My front end was worn out and I replaced everything so not sure how much it helped but it was easy.