Sign in to follow this  
stangman68

428 CJ/SCJ Oil Dip Stick Q

First trying to identify my NOS dipstick with number;  C7OE-6750C.  When looking on the 428 Registry and other sites: the correct one should be C70Z-6750A,

Then with the later change in 1970 if you had the drag pac, oil cooler, the dip stick changed to a DOOE-6750C.  Due to adding extra oil for the cooler?  So what dip stick do i have????  can i use it?

Use it.  The common thing is to add one more quart than what was original specified.  Next time you do an oil and filter change, run it for a short time, then let sit overnight on level ground.  Note where the oil level is on the dipstick, and use an engraver to make a mark there.  That mark then becomes your new "full" mark.

I have the C70E-6750-A stick in my 69CJ. When I put 6 quarts in the oil level is at the "RR" in the word warranty which is at the same level as the "safe" markings on the  DOOE-6750C stick. If you have a SCJ with the oil cooler add another quart for a total of 7.

From what I have read the original issue was related to drag cars and oil starvation when racing that caused blown engines. Not likely to be an issue with street cars. I ran 5 quarts for many years and never had an oil pressure problem , but I changed to 6 quarts several years ago just to be safe.

I don't know what the stick you have is from, but do as jholmes217 recommends and mark your stick.