BillC

1970 Mach 1 Assembly Manual

The Ford shop manual has exploded views of many of the assemblies without the watermark that seems to be over the exact part I want in the assembly manuals. If you get it electronic you can zoom in as well.

There are what, five or six volumes for different areas of each year?

attachicon.gifunnamed.jpg

Bob,

I bought all five manuals and they don't have very much info for the Mustang. I think the assembly manuals are what I really need.

Thanks,

Bill

I have both the Jim Osborn and the Ford shop manuals for my '69. Prefer the Ford, because the watermarks in the Jim Osborn manual makes them hard to read. Really have to concentrate.

The shop manuals were written to help repair the vehicle. The Osborn manuals reproduce the factory assembly drawings that they used to build the car. I think both are valuable in a resto, which is a combination of both.

Just did a simple search on google, 1970 ford mustang shop manual. Found Cj pony and The Motor book store has them in sets.

Do not buy the chilton junk.

r

I did buy all 5 of the Shop Manuals from CJPony. Very little assembly info for the Mustang. Each manual has twelve different Ford models in them leaving little room for the Mustang info.

It sounds like the Ford Assembly manuals are the best choice followed by the Osborn(because of the watermark)

Thanks,

Bill

It sounds like the Ford Assembly manuals are the best choice followed by the Osborn(because of the watermark)

Just to be clear, the Osborn books are the Ford Assembly manuals. The late Jim Osborn collected all the Ford drawings he could find, scanned them, and published them in small format books. Some of the drawings were in rough shape and some of the scans are weak and unfortunately they put a watermark on every page but it's the best we got :)

http://osborn-reproduction.com/

Something else I have is the 69 Mustang Part & Body Illustrations. It's in PDF format and you can buy the CD or download it. Just search for ford manuals. It does have clearer pictures than the Osborn manuals. It also has a couple of things that the Osborn manuals don't have....For one, the front valance assembly.