Sign in to follow this  
65Ace

Newbie Introduction

Bought my first Mustang when I was 17 for $200.  The car was a ’69 hardtop that had been re-painted (badly) neon green with a dark green hood.  Being honest the car was a “beater†but it ran good and with a 302 and  3 speed manual it was fun to drive and always got me where I needed to go (and back). Always liked that car and still have fond memories of it to this day.  Didn’t buy another Mustang for more than 20 years when I bought an ’88 LX with a 5.0 and a 5 speed to use as a donor car on my Factory 5 Cobra build.  Easing into semi-retirement now after a lifetime of Camaros and Corvettes and looking for a ’69 or ’70 Mustang fastback to add to my current stable and give me something new to work on and keep me busy.

Welcome to the board! Love the Cobras and have thought many times about owning one someday. For what I've spent on parts to restore my Mach thus far, I could have bought a very nice kit car. Post some pics of your stable!   

Welcome to the forum Ace. We won't hold your cheby past against you :)  If you let us know which part of the country you call home, many times local guys will jump in with info on cars for sale.

' whats the drivetrain in the vette ? '

Thanks for the kind words about my cars.

The Vette's still running is original 327 (300HP version) and its original Muncie M-21 4-speed.

The Cobra has the 5.0 from the '88 Mustang LX (refreshed and tweaked a bit) and a brand new T-5.

The Corvette is more comfortable to drive on rough roads than the Cobra, but with modern running gear, brakes, powertrain and less weight, the Snake beats it in every performance related category.

The easiest way to make a C2 Corvette's interior seem spacious is to spent some time in a Cobra.