Rsmach1

Wish you all the best

So I decided it was time for a change. I let the Mach1 go and picked up a new project, a 74 F100 shortbed with a 390. So off to the truck forums I go.

But I couldn't leave without saying goodbye and thanking you guys. This is a great forum and I wish you all the best.

Randy.

You are going to miss that Mustang ...

I love those old ford trucks .The 65s-79s were the best ,Ford screwed up when they got rid of those twin I beams .I have owned a few .a few light mods and they become an off road monster .

I used my 79 as a pre runner for Johnson and Douglas off road racing and a couple of others for 25 years ,it did almost anything the race truck could do .Some day i will restore it . Good luck and have fun with yours .

At least you had the privilege of owning one.

Last year I sold my 1973 F250 HighBoy, was a lot of fun it had a 390, 4 speed w/ granny gear, 4:10's and a 4x4.

Here's a couple of good forums, ford-trucks.com and www.fordification.net, plus LMC helped with the parts.

Main thing is that you kept Ford Blue, Good Luck and enjoy the new project!!

You are going to miss that Mustang ...

I've had a 66, 67,68 and 69 mustang in my life from the day I turned 16 (37 years ago lol). I was gifted the 66, then bought a 68, and traded the 66 for a 72 F250 with a 360. Pulled the 360 and dropped in a TP 427, I still miss that truck to this day, and should never had let it go (especially the engine).

I haven't decided for sure where I'm going with the 74 F100 shortbed, first thoughts are still drop it with a stout Windsor. But I have toy'ed with the pre-runner idea as well, we shall see.

You are definitely a huge asset to this forum Ridge, thank you. When or if I miss the Mach, I'll pop back in and see what's up here. :)

At least you had the privilege of owning one.

Last year I sold my 1973 F250 HighBoy, was a lot of fun it had a 390, 4 speed w/ granny gear, 4:10's and a 4x4.

Here's a couple of good forums, ford-trucks.com and www.fordification.net, plus LMC helped with the parts.

Main thing is that you kept Ford Blue, Good Luck and enjoy the new project!!

I bleed Ford Blue and always will. I admit I've owned 2 GM (cough cough) products, a Buick GS and a small block Vega (I even thought about getting another Vega and dropping a Windsor in it just to piss off the bowtie boys lol)

I've been trolling both those forums you mentioned and I already like LMC. Thanks.

Good luck with your new adventure! I've always thought a truck would be my next project, maybe when/if I retire in a few years :)

I just retired (disability) this year. It was the main reason I went with a truck, much easier for me to get in and out of haha.

Congrats and Good luck with the truck.  I'd love to get my hands on a 67-73 myself.  Probably buy one and park it until I get space money to mess with it.  Anyway you don't need to be a stranger you can still stop by and contribute even if you've sold the car.

The nice thing is ,you can get parts for 65 -79 Ford trucks about as easily as most Mustangs .I am still looking for a 65 -66 short bed ...and i have my eye on an untouched 66 short bed .I think i am still on Ford trucks .com ,i haven't gone on in years though 

So I decided it was time for a change. I let the Mach1 go and picked up a new project, a 74 F100 shortbed with a 390. So off to the truck forums I go.

But I couldn't leave without saying goodbye and thanking you guys. This is a great forum and I wish you all the best.

Randy.

Good luck, Rsmach.

I got the itch too, sold mine also & picked up a 71 Road Runner to restore. It happens.

I built this 77 for my mom ,she drove it for years and it stayed looking like this until she sold it and bought a Crow Vic.

post-42284-0-93608200-1488580505.jpg

This is my 78 ,used it for years as a pre runner for Scott Douglas and Chuck Johnson racing ,i still have it .

post-42284-0-37198800-1488580642.jpg

I built this 66 strictly as a race truck but wound up using it as a pre runner ,i wish i had kept it .It made it in a couple of off road magazines ...after i sold it .It had split tie rods with an idler arm twin i beam front end and the rear was a 3 link ,it had 24 inches of travel and was a kick in butt off road .

post-42284-0-63968800-1488580803.jpg

Thank you guy's soo much, it'll try and pop it in from time to time. As far as picks it started it's life as a work truck so it's a little ruff, but totally rust free. But NO picks till I get the HORRENDOUS 22s off it lol.