prayers1

Questions on Steering Column Rebuild

I have searched here and found some and not some answers. Too bad I can't pull up the old websites history, there was a ton of info there.

Is the visible part of the  steering column in the interior, Dark Charcoal Metallic?  I will be using the spray can version.

I had a snap ring in front of the upper bearing and a lock ring behind it. Is there suppose to be another snap ring near the steering wheel?

The parts I'm ordering are:

(2) rubber seals, (1) white plastic bushing from Muscle Car Research.

1 upper bearing and rubber seal

1 turn signal wire harness

Mike65 said the bearing number is F23z-3517 67-93, but when I pull that up it shows all other Ford vehicles besides a 69/70.

Are there any other parts I'm missing or any advise to give.

Thanks!

Good luck with the paint color.  Some say it's a fine metallic dark gray.  I've never seen it.  Maybe not all were that way.  I use SEM interior paint in spray cans and painted mine satin black and also used a satin clear.

I used the charcoal metallic on mine.  For the steering coupler shaft, I don't believe it was painted originally.  I blasted and painted mine with POR15 but I think steel gray would be the correct color.

I painted the outer body parts of the steering column on my 69 Coupe satin black & the shaft & tube, & the 2 brackets zinc phosphate. On the bill I got from Missouri Mustang with the upper steering column bearing it says 67-93 tilt & 68-93 fixed upper steering column bearing.

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-zinc-phosphate-aerosol-12-oz.html

http://www.missourimustang.com/1967-93-tilt-1968-93-fixed-upper-steering-column-bearing/

53305-9-4-16-all-pieces-to-steering-colu

53339-9-10-16-steering-column-reassemble

Mike, I just bought the bearing today from Missouri Mustang, should be here Monday.

I have all my parts cleaned and ready for paint. BUT, I forgot how the small tube goes into the big one. Is there a certain clock position???

Mike, I just bought the bearing today from Missouri Mustang, should be here Monday.

I have all my parts cleaned and ready for paint. BUT, I forgot how the small tube goes into the big one. Is there a certain clock position???

Not that I remember, check out this link.

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php/topic/45885-steering-column-rebuild/

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for the stop lamp switch info.

I figured it out how to put the inner and outer together-

If  anyone has the same concern, the inner tube bolts to the housing (the one that holds the emg switch and blinker) with 1 small bolt, then I slid the inner tube into the outer tube, the hole at the top of the outer tube lines up with the exact size hole in the housing.