Shep69

Gloss Black Hood

Mine is gloss black.  Gloss black might not be best for all colors but I think it looks good against the Meadowlark Yellow color of the car.  Mine is painted with Acrylic Enamel and is not a base coat clear coat system.  With no clear coat flat blacks tend to (not always) get chalky with age which also contributed to choosing gloss black.

post-41165-0-14486600-1488392894.jpg

Just a note if anybody wonders, all the shelving is bolted to the wall.  Everything else that can be anchored to the floor is.  The car is usually covered but I constantly worry about anything falling and hitting it.

glossy black is easier to maintain if it's not a garage queen. I also disagree that deviating from anything stock devalues the car. There are too many factors and too many different kinds of builds to consider to make a blanket statement like that.

Mine came gloss black on jade silver.  Can't tell you how many times someone told me its not correct.......  I've heard stories of maintenance issues with the matt particularly if you get wax on it, but I don;t know this first hand. 

Mine is gloss black.  Gloss black might not be best for all colors but I think it looks good against the Meadowlark Yellow color of the car.  Mine is painted with Acrylic Enamel and is not a base coat clear coat system.  With no clear coat flat blacks tend to (not always) get chalky with age which also contributed to choosing gloss black.

attachicon.gifP2280192.JPG

I loved my Meadow Lark yellow 69 ,mine had  a shaker and hood mounted tack 

Well I don't have the gloss black hood anymore since I swapped to a Ridge Runner hood which is actually Plasti-Dipped the low gloss black.. It is a PITA to keep clean and shows water spots pretty bad if you don't dry it off.

It will either be gloss black or same color as the car when I get time to paint it.

Oh on a side note, We did a Poker run from Houston Tx to Lake Charles LA with a group called Race Armada Tx (RATX) which consists of a LOT of high end Italian cars, Lambo, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, McLaren and even a GT-40 :) and when the old school muscle rolls into the parking lot you better believe ALL the cameras come out, I cant tell you how many people walked away form the exotics to come see our old Stags.... My point here is that EVERYONE that talked to us about our cars said the colors were awesome, and you just don't get that with a lot of the factory colors IMHO, I love the WOW Factor of the new brighter colors and the 69's are one of a handful of cars that has the body lines and stance if done correctly to pull off just about any of the wild ass colors out there with style. 

Ill post up some pics from the Run later on in the Lobby or something.

Mine is gloss black. Gloss black might not be best for all colors but I think it looks good against the Meadowlark Yellow color of the car. Mine is painted with Acrylic Enamel and is not a base coat clear coat system. With no clear coat flat blacks tend to (not always) get chalky with age which also contributed to choosing gloss black.

P2280192.JPG

Just a note if anybody wonders, all the shelving is bolted to the wall. Everything else that can be anchored to the floor is. The car is usually covered but I constantly worry about anything falling and hitting it.

More importantly, it looks like the sheep on the floor has fallen and can't get up!

Yeah, she is a senior Golden Retreiver we adopted.  11 years old now.  Overweight because of a slow thyroid and severe hip dysplasia.  Tons of fur.  Needs cutting every month or so.  She goes on walks every day but you wouldn't know it.  Meds help the thyroid but not as good as you'd expect.  She still manages to squeeze under the car and sleep there every time it's on jack stands.

I also disagree that deviating from anything stock devalues the car. There are too many factors and too many different kinds of builds to consider to make a blanket statement like that.

It definitely devalues the car if it is a stock car . I have been dealing in Mustangs full time as a business for over 30 years and have sold over 500 of them so I know first hand what the majority of buyers like and don't like.

It definitely devalues the car if it is a stock car . I have been dealing in Mustangs full time as a business for over 30 years and have sold over 500 of them so I know first hand what the majority of buyers like and don't like.

The OP never stated if he had a stock build or not, which is why I referenced the multitude of different types of builds and factors. My stang is/was a base model sportsroof with a 302 and C4. I guarantee you mine is more desirable and would sell for more now with my mods then if it was kept original. If I had a Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet, then that changes the equation. I am not going to get in a pissing match over who has bought and sold more mustangs, I just don't agree with blanket statements regarding desirability and value of these cars.

The OP never stated if he had a stock build or not, which is why I referenced the multitude of different types of builds and factors. My stang is/was a base model sportsroof with a 302 and C4. I guarantee you mine is more desirable and would sell for more now with my mods then if it was kept original. If I had a Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet, then that changes the equation. I am not going to get in a pissing match over who has bought and sold more mustangs, I just don't agree with blanket statements regarding desirability and value of these cars.

It wasn't intended to be a blanket statement and the ops comments suggested that he had a Mach 1, and in my extensive experience, a modified Mach 1 will have fewer buyers than a stock one . Also, it seems to me that if you aren't going to get into a pissing match about this then there was no point in you making this post . My comments are based on years of first hand experience dealing with many, many people and are based on what that first hand experience is.

The fact is that a box stock car will typically sell more easily and quickly than a modified one . Another fact is that modifications are a personal preference and the custom paint scheme or custom wheels or custom interior one person likes may not be what another person likes whom is looking for a modified car which in itself narrows down the amount of potential buyers for a particular customized car.

Some people that like modified cars hate the look of the Eleanor . I don't like the Eleanor look, and in fact, I supplied the people whom built the Eleanors for the movie with 5 fastbacks which they built into Eleanors for it and they offered to give me an Eleanor kit for FREE which was before the movie came out and I said no thanks.