Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

408C Dyno Results

Yesterday I had the engine dynoed and reached my goal of 500 Hp. We had 11 runs and the highest Hp was 520, the highest Tq was 489.7. Vacuum was 11-12â€. Run was on 91 octane, Initial 12 all in at 32. Lost only a couple numbers dropping timing to 9.5.

The attached Dyno sheet was done with a 1†spacer, that had the highest Tq reading.

351C 2 bolt main stroked to a 408, Quick Fuel 780 Vac Sec, Comp Cam 602/574, 235/241 @ 50, lobe sep 112, SCAT Rod I Beam Chev 6.000, Race Tech Pistons 20 cc, SCAT Crankshaft Ford 351 Cleveland Series 9000 Cast Crankshafts, CHI 4V Aluminum Heads, Comp Cam Rockers Ultra Pro Magnum XD, Comp Cam Dual Valve Springs 165 @ 1.800 & 385 @ 1.200, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap Intake 7564, Water Pump Flow Kooler, Cloyes Timing Chain True Roller, Distributor MSD 8577, Morel Roller Lifters, Moroso Pick Up 24558, Melling Oil Pump M-84AHV, Tim Meyers -DuraBond Cam Bearings F-26G, Sanderson Shorty Headers.

Since the intake is a 4v/2v version, we ported the intake to match the CHI 4V heads. I went with the CHI 4V's because 3V's would not allow the use of my Shaker Hood Scope.

I would have had a little more gain if I tested with long tube headers.

post-14069-0-25359500-1488089651.jpg

It was a Roller Cam designed by Brent Lykins @ Lykins Motor Sports, cam built by Comp Cams. Since you can't call it in, I gave the specs in case any Cleveland guy wants to build the same. The motor had no effort climbing to 6000 rpms.

I don't know Mach1 Driver, I kinda got hot on the EFI thing and purchased every single thing to make that conversion, besides the throttle body. I still think the cost are kinda high for the available kits out there and thought to get an Intake modified for injectors and an Accel Throttle body. I'd probably make the provisions for the return line before placing the motor back in then get to it later this Summer.