Sign in to follow this  
lalojamesliz

Are original clutch/brake pedals the only option to convert to manual?

Hello guys,

I'm in the middle of converting my 69 mustang with a i-6 c4 to a 302 V8 and t-5 Trans from a foxbody mustang I had as a donor car but I'm switching to carb on it.

I need a clutch and pedal assembly but I'm not crazy about spending $400+ on ebay for a assembly.

Anyone know of a lower cost solution?

I am converting from an auto to a T-5 in my 69 Coupe also. I purchased a clutch pedal from a member either here or from VMF & it was one from Modern Driveline. I also had the roller bearing installed in the hanger for the clutch pedal. All you need is a clutch pedal & add it to your existing hanger assembly. You might have to trim your brake pedal pad so it fits since a car with a clutch has a shorter brake pedal pad.

http://transmission.moderndriveline.com/speed/pc/Clutch-pedal-69-70-Mustang-Cougar-45p198.htm

53733-11-9-16-installed-clutch-pedal-pow

This is great news! 

I thought I had to purchase the whole assembly with both pedals. I didn't know i can just add the clutch pedal.

I have the one in my mustang that is for manual drum (all around ) brakes and one from a 69 cougar I parted out years ago that had power disk/drum brakes. 

Will either brake pedal assembly work?

Thank you for your help

The ones I used from Scott Drake did not need to be welded in, they use snap rings to hold them in place, see my above pic.

My thought is that he'll use the welder to weld the bearing races in for the roller bearing conversion.

There are many options of there than stock. It just that stock will be the easiest.

You could convert the pedal assembly from the fox body with some fabrication.

You could go to an aftermarket race setup which will likly cost more and require fab work

Bob

Could always use a Wilwood pedal/Master combo deal as well, but would not look factory

This requires firewall cutting and fabrication for the pedal support.

IMG_20150119_165205_zpsklivn9o0.jpg

KIMG0177_zpss9yhh6vl.jpg

KIMG0208_zpsw8xclxnq.jpg

The pedals and all 3 master cylinders were $325.00 ish without the adjustment balance bar cable.