REmmm

Is the 69 deluxe clock available in the aftermarket ?

Hello!

I'm going to replace my standard interior into the deluxe one. (69 Fastback).

I've found everything I need (Dashboard LH RH, door panels, console, radio bezel, etc.) but I cannot find the clock. I live in Belgium and it's not easy and very expensive to find all parts.

Is it possible to find it as new ? Only things I find are replacement lenses, quartz conversion, knob, etc. but not the clock itself.

Any idea for me ?

Thank you for your help on that!

Rem

I just did that a couple of months ago for my car. I found a clock on Ebay with the panel. Of course the clock didn't work so I sent it in for a quartz movement upgrade. There is a guy on Ebay that sells replacement lenses as well. As for the panel, I went through a couple to find a decent one without a crack in it or melted plastic in the area where the light is.

I also had to get a re-popped glove box switch as well but the hole is there and it just pops in.

The wiring is all there and it is just plug and play.

Also, there is a dude on Ebay trying to sell one for $995. It has been listed for months. That is way overpriced (duh). Wait and some cheaper ones will show up.

Also, I re-read the above posts. Just to be clear: the deluxe clock is the rectangular clock, not the round one, correct?

The round ones necessitate the wood grained panels, not the black panels.

69clock.jpg

VS

69_deluxe_clock_opt.jpg

Yep, I'll do that.

I'm going to find a looking-good original clock on eBay and upgrade it with a quartz movement.

For the panel, I got one from Dynacorn and the walnut covering by Scott Drake.

There is passenger light for the moment, I'll take the 12V for the clock from it.

KipDurran, the deluxe clock is the round one.

Maybe somebody else here knows more about this, I am not 100% certain.  But I think there were different colored faces as well with deluxe interior.  Some were black faces and others like in the Mach 1 interiors had blueish metallic faces.  The black face gauges (not clock) are reproduced and I have seen them in the NPD catalog.  The bluish metallic faced gauges are not being reproduced.

My clock doesn't function.  Doesn't bother me.  For the clock I'd rather have it be a non functioning original than converted to a quarts movement.  The quartz movement doesn't look period correct. 

The quartz movement doesn't look period correct. 

Sorry, but what does that mean ?

Is it still possible after nearly 50yrs to find an original which still runs well ?

Last I knew the two styles were Standard Black and Deluxe Blue. I have never seen a rally clock in standard black, nor have I seen a console clock in deluxe blue.

The quartz clocks do not 'tic' when winding, nor does the second hand pause as it tics while running. The second hand in a quartz clock is a smooth, constant movement.

I too prefer the good old fashioned OEM mechanical movements, and they are repairable, I do one or two a month.

Last I knew the two styles were Standard Black and Deluxe Blue. I have never seen a rally clock in standard black, nor have I seen a console clock in deluxe blue.

The quartz clocks do not 'tic' when winding, nor does the second hand pause as it tics while running. The second hand in a quartz clock is a smooth, constant movement.

I too prefer the good old fashioned OEM mechanical movements, and they are repairable, I do one or two a month.

it is possible to fix them if you have some experience watch parts and watch repair 

Thank you all for the advices.

I see that some models are not "Borg" with a B at the rear of the clock.

Are you aware about that ? Is it an important thing to check before buying? ...

If you one for selling, please send me a PM! Thank you! 

I do not have any Mustang deluxe cores.

All of the dash clocks in 69/70 were Borg, marked with a big B on the case. There are kits to convert these to quartz and occasionally an NOS movement surfaces.

The rectangular console clocks were made by General Time, marked with a GT on the case. These movements cannot be converted to quartz easily. They were only used for about 4 years and parts are impossible to find.

I just took my old one and cleaned and lubed it up.. It ran great for a while, then stopped on me haha...May need new points or something but Im not sweating it.

Same story with mine.

Kipper, I had to look twice.  Your vert looks almost exactly like mine.  I have the magnum 500 wheels.  You have excellent taste in cars!

Remmm,  I might have an extra clock if you are interested.  As you can read on the forum, I can be trusted.  I work with other members all the time.  I will take a look and see what I have.   I think I came across an extra clock 30 years ago ( at least) and put it in my storage above the garage. 

I just took my old one and cleaned and lubed it up.. It ran great for a while, then stopped on me haha...May need new points or something but Im not sweating it.

Same story with mine.

A lot of the clocks sent to me for repair have been lubed and then either sludged up, fried the coils or both.

Kipper, I had to look twice.  Your vert looks almost exactly like mine.  I have the magnum 500 wheels.  You have excellent taste in cars!

Remmm,  I might have an extra clock if you are interested.  As you can read on the forum, I can be trusted.  I work with other members all the time.  I will take a look and see what I have.   I think I came across an extra clock 30 years ago ( at least) and put it in my storage above the garage. 

Yes please! Thank you !!

Remmm

I found this one on fleabay, it seems reasonable.  Make an offer on it.  I am tracking it to see how much it sells for. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-OR-1970-MUSTANG-MACH-1-DASH-PANEL-WITH-CLOCK-STILL-ATTACHED-/192105235094?hash=item2cba5d4296:g:QKwAAOSwr~lYo0GQ&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the link! I've asked the seller if he can send to Belgium before I bid, no answer for the moment.