Sign in to follow this  
Convertible69

Headers

Give FPA a call. Easy to deal with and they have just about everything you would want. Not the cheapest but they are high quality and no fitment issues. I have a 351w (Stroked out to 393) with a 4r70w tranny and power steering. They told me that I needed a drop bracket for my PS control valve. I got theirs every thing went together real easy.

I have a 69 Mach 1 built June 69. It is fitted with a 351 Cleveland. I assumed it had been changed from a Windsor at some point. Where any sold with Clevelands? The Marti report does not identify it other than H code 351 2V.

Bigmal, no 69's came from the factory with Clevelands. Some of the early Cleveland blocks were produced in the fall of 69', but they were installed in 70' model year cars. I have a J code Cleveland block produced in Oct. 69' that originally went into a 70' mustang.

Do you have headers?

Bigmal, no 69's came from the factory with Clevelands. Some of the early Cleveland blocks were produced in the fall of 69', but they were installed in 70' model year cars. I have a J code Cleveland block produced in Oct. 69' that originally went into a 70' mustang.

Do you have headers?

Thanks for that. I have orignal iron manifolds. I am converting to right hand drive in May so may end up with headers for clearence.

I have the FPA headers and their PS drop bracket as well.

I installed mine only to find out that the PS header was contacting the Idler arm a bit...Called and asked stan about it and his reply was that I should just loosen the motor mounts and cock the engine over just enough to make the header clear the Idler :-( I was not over excited about this but since I have adjustable motor mounts I did it and it seems to be doing just fine.

On a side note, my car feels like it lost a bit of power on the bottom end to the hand made Shorty headers I built with 1-7/8" primaries... Stan said he only make the primaries 1-3/4" and steps up to 1-7/8" like mine are... That's what he said he makes so that is what I ordered LOL.

Oh and honestly for the money, the ceramic coating just aint worth it IMHO