bigmal

Rear Interia Reel Seat Belts - 69 Fastback

Hi,

I want to fit inertia reel seatbelts to the rear of my 69 fastback (Will be engineered). Could I get some advice on how others have mounted the reel at the rear. I have had a look and think I know where would be best but am interested in what others have done.

Thanks, Mal.

I have the same question except for coupe.. would like to add 3pt retractable system in the back

FYI. This site is a great option for buying these belts and even getting them to build a custom fit set for you:
https://www.seatbeltplanet.com. (Business out of OKC, OK)

I called this company today, and they directed me to this (3pt conversion for 69mustang rear seat - mounts to package tray):

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/classic-cars/ford/m.products/551/view/308

I have both front and rear 3pt conversion sets on the way to me now.  I'll post info about how it works when I get there.

I went the easy route and removed the back seats. Ha! Sorry, but I can't help you any.

Hey bigmal, welcome to the forum. I do believe you'll enjoy your time here. I've lost count, but I'm thinking you Aussies have taken the lead in pure numbers on the forum :) How about a little intro info on you and your Mustang? And pictures, we like pictures.

I went the easy route and removed the back seats. Ha! Sorry, but I can't help you any.

Hey bigmal, welcome to the forum. I do believe you'll enjoy your time here. I've lost count, but I'm thinking you Aussies have taken the lead in pure numbers on the forum :) How about a little intro info on you and your Mustang? And pictures, we like pictures.

Hi,

As I'm new to the forum and being a Mustang owner I didn't know there where many other Aussies here. I bought my Mach 1 through Shermat International in Tampa September 2015 and had it in Australia in Feb 2016. I had to delay deleivery due work commitments and travel. Absolutly love the car even though it needs a little more work then expected. But that's part of the fun of ownership. I will be converting it to right hand drive in May which should be a fun project.

Once I can work out how to upload some pictures I will.

Thanks, Mal

Holy cow.  Convert to right hand drive.  What a concept.  You gotta keep us all posted on that one.  If I ever get back down there I swear I'm gonna chase one of you guys down and make you let me drive from the right side of the car on the left side of the road.  Seemingly bizarre to us Texans....

I have the same question except for coupe.. would like to add 3pt retractable system in the back

FYI. This site is a great option for buying these belts and even getting them to build a custom fit set for you:

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com. (Business out of OKC, OK)

I called this company today, and they directed me to this (3pt conversion for 69mustang rear seat - mounts to package tray):

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/classic-cars/ford/m.products/551/view/308

I have both front and rear 3pt conversion sets on the way to me now. I'll post info about how it works when I get there.

561FCE07-E3D4-4C4B-8EA6-72082BB3F55A_zps

Here's my retractable rear belts. They go through this hole in the package tray with a reinforcement plate underneath

9F5A7A59-E2FF-49D4-9F1F-01C81A52132E_zps

Big mal, another Australian here!!

561FCE07-E3D4-4C4B-8EA6-72082BB3F55A_zps

Here's my retractable rear belts. They go through this hole in the package tray with a reinforcement plate underneath

9F5A7A59-E2FF-49D4-9F1F-01C81A52132E_zps

Big mal, another Australian here!!

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I am working off a Government computer and it has blokked the links. I will tray to look at it tonight when home.

Regards, Mal.