Sign in to follow this  

Another tranny cooler question

Hey guys it's been a while!

Cars been running well, especially after we threw in the limited slip and left the timing how we had it in Denver, lays down some sweet 11's haha..

Anywho, I'm tired of my hokey tranny cooler setup and I really want to run a new setup from the tranny to a new cooler new lines new cooler the whole deal. I can pick out the cooler thats not an issue, my issue is what lines and fittings do I need? What kind of lines do I use? I currently have a newer set of factory repop hard lines. I want to have as few connections as possible, to lessen the possibility of leaks. I HATE leaks...😡

Thanks guys!

Yea, but due to craptastic job American Mustang Parts in Rancho Cordova, in they are totally unwilling to do anything about it, my tranny overheats and the in rad cooler can't handle the heat, I really just need to be able to drive it.

I had this Flex-a-lite cooler with it's own fan, worked good. It was in series with the auto cooler in the radiator, but I can't remember which way it flowed. It only had those rubber hoses to the radiator, and to one of the hardlines from the transmission.

24803618872_56c8cea5d6_b.jpg

7983237334_dbf700880a_b.jpg

I had this Flex-a-lite cooler with it's own fan, worked good. It was in series with the auto cooler in the radiator, but I can't remember which way it flowed. It only had those rubber hoses to the radiator, and to one of the hardlines from the transmission.

24803618872_56c8cea5d6_b.jpg

7983237334_dbf700880a_b.jpg

Did you just cut the hard lines and tie the rubber hoses into them?

I've always liked the way your setup looks