Sign in to follow this  
69_vert

weird oil leak

OK everyone, this is a weird one.

I am getting an oil drip inside the car. There are only two things I can think of and wonder whether anyone has had a similar leak.. Is it possible that the oil can leak from the speedometer cable... that is that gear oil from the transmission could travel up an be forced out?

Has anyone had oil come through the brake booster from a leak there and had it drip into the cockpit?

Kinda weird, I know.. just wondering before I tear my dash up

thanks all

christian

Its reddish. I found a few threads about this, and it is most probably fluid from the T-5 going up the speedo cable. Apparently, the O ring or seal oat the transmission can leak and oil can be forced up the speed cable, dripping out. Should be a simple fix.

Thanks

christian

If auto, what type of did stick. Some of the newer model cars and after market Stainless/chrome have the stick that sealed tight at top the filler tube, creating pressure in the tranny. There's an O ring on the outer cable housing, but not one in the interior.

If std, I seem to think there is a small breather hole/cap that could be clogged causing pressure build up, maybe on the top access cover/plate

Hey all.. Its a Ford Racing 5 spd... Dont know if there is pressure build up and a clogged vent..although stanger things can happen.. ordered the 95 cent O-rings and will check it our during the week.

tahnks all