first69

70 Bolt in Glass

If i remember right ,the aluminum blocks that slide on the bars are also different on a 70 .there is a made in bump that has to align with something on the metal plates and either the 69 wont work with the 70 or the 70 wont work with the 69 and it pushes the glass the wrong way .I will have to compare them tomorrow as i have both here 

I had the same problem about two years ago - passenger side only.  My replacement driver's side 70 bolt in glass worked fine. I ended up sending the glass back to NPD and they sent me another one - same problem.  I even bought a curvature gauge and showed them that the 70 glass doesn't match.  I ended up just sending the glass back and putting my glue-in glass back in.  I was only replacing the passenger side because the driver's side glass busted and I thought I'd replace them both at the same time.  I was thankful to NPD though.. they tried to help and didn't charge me for all the shipping back and forth.  

david

Interesting. I replaced both sides with '70 bolt in glass and I have not had an issue other than the window crank handles using the '70 mechanisms were rubbing on the inner panels.

I could also comment about the wiring harness in the doors but the f(*&^ing arse wipe at the shop stole those parts. Hey, but my glass fits.

Ok ,the 69 is different from the 70 in two ways .The 70 is flat on the back side so it will not fit to the 69 window mounting brackets because the 69 has a bump and the 70 does not .The 69 guide block will work on the 70 glass brackets because the 70 bracket does not have the bump . The one on the right is a 70 ,you can see the pocket on the one on the left for the locating bump for the 69 .  Now the 70 does have a thick plastic backing on the back that may push it out a bit but i forgot to take a pic of it .it is about 1/16 inch thick .That appears to be the only differences

I have had to bend the top mounting tab on the guide bars before to get the glass to align correctly ,and the bottom of the slide bar is adjustable ,you may have to loosen the bolt at the bottom of the door quite a bit to get the bracket to slide enough .

post-42284-0-31446800-1485363780.jpg

I may be missing it but I don't see the bump. I have tried adjusting the foot of the guide rods in and out. As well as put a shim at the top of the guide rod to bring it out towards the interior. As I stated I have both in glass that is just heavily scratched and it worked perfect. The repot glass rolls up very difficult and as I said it was scraped the door skin. There is no room for the Rubber seal. So now I am just trying to find a good OEM glass clear. I would think my Hardware is correct because the OEM glass works correctly

I got the glass from CJ Pony parts and it is crap. I had to send the driver's side back to them for a refund because it was all wavy and had the incorrect curvature to it. That was actually the second driver's side window that I bought from them. I was hand tightening the bolts for the first window and it just shattered. In retrospect I think that the incorrect curvature put too much stress against the flat bracket. I can't prove that though.

Here is where I got my current driver's window from. They even have the Carlite logo on them.

http://www.pilkington.com/en/us/automotive/pilkington-classics

I may be missing it but I don't see the bump. I have tried adjusting the foot of the guide rods in and out. As well as put a shim at the top of the guide rod to bring it out towards the interior. As I stated I have both in glass that is just heavily scratched and it worked perfect. The repot glass rolls up very difficult and as I said it was scraped the door skin. There is no room for the Rubber seal. So now I am just trying to find a good OEM glass clear. I would think my Hardware is correct because the OEM glass works correctly

The bump is on the 69 window bracket and goes in the hole on the back of the 69 guide block .The 70 does not have this so either bracket will work for the 70 glass only so it probably isnt the guide brackets causing the problem .