Sign in to follow this  
3pedal

Having a problem locating exact location of clutch hyd. master cylinder

Doing a TKO 5 speed installation in my 70 Mach 1...I am installing a Modern Driveline Hydraulic/Wilwood master cylinder set up...I have no existing knock out plug/hole  and need location for a 1"3/8 hole for the MC...location must clear Bendix booster and brake dist. block,,,does anyone have any pictures.....thanks in advance.......joe

Yeah I did mine last summer. I had no knocks out either. I used Modern Driveline's hydraulic clutch set up. In order to do it properly you must remove the m/c and brake booster but you don't have to remove the dist block.I basically installed the clutch pedal and linkage and marked where the linkage should connect to the clutch master and drilled the hole there.Make sure to keep the linkage straight and not tilted to the left or to the right from the pedal - and even though it doesn't look like it,the clutch mastercyclinder does fit under the booster. I'll see if I can take a couple of pics tomorrow for you.