Ridge Runner

SCORE!!

Scanning Craigs list a couple of nights ago i came across an ad for a 70 Grande for $300 

It was late so i emailed the guy and told him i would take it .Next morning i called him and made an appointment to pick it up .I couldn't believe it ,it was an actual Grande .Wood grain deluxe interior and all ,and the wood grain panels are in very good shape .The body is  in good shape but the roof is toast .Both sport mirrors were there ,all the glass and the trim in good shape .Doors are fantastic ...i needed those , they are still white inside and not a speck of rot .They have a couple spots of bondo that i think cover up chips because there is no ding from the inside and they sanded through the paint and has a slight surface rust in places .The sucker has Air ! I was really happy to find it was disk brakes and it has a 3 :07 8 inch posie .The trunk lid is perfect  and so are the end caps ,except for some sanded through paint 

Lots of parts in this thing .some one had done some work ...not the best ,but they installed a new 1 1/8 inch sway bar .They are still out there so keep looking .

post-42284-0-04805900-1484270961.jpg

post-42284-0-43202900-1484271389.jpg

post-42284-0-22132800-1484271488.jpg

post-42284-0-56807700-1484271577.jpg

When i got the trunk lid open ,i found a console ...busted to pieces . The guy just ripped it out of the car instead of un screwing it .The automatic shifter was in there also and in very good condition .The inside of the trunk is very clean and the back seat looks like new from the back ,in fact the whole back seat is in great shape .I got two front fenders as well ,one is a clean 70 that they filled in the front marker light but they cut the inner front bracing to fit 69 headlights ,the other is a 69 fender but has a heavy rust layer on a nice straight fender that i think i may be able to save . The paint is actually the original white ,just sanded through in places and black primer sprayed in places .I got a 69 Mach 1 hood with a small dent in the peak but easily fixable .I have plans for the body But I will be parting out the rest soon ,i will post them in the parts for sale soon as i get it apart .

OK.  Let me check my PM box to make sure it's not full.  It is prolly your computer, which has been giving you fits lately.

Well i can't get in to the messages again today .It looks like i typed one number wrong ,it is 7018  and not 8018 My fault but hey ...have you ever seen a computer fly ?

I have had a few requests for 69 Shelby end caps that work on a late 70 coupe/convertible  ,they are different than the early 70 end caps .i will make caps on this body because the ends of the quarters are spotless .I already have the trunk lids .

Later i plan a coupe to fastback conversion with it , unless i can come up with the correct pieces for a convertible conversion .