LiLMike

Billet Hood Hinges

I have heard good things about the ring brothers ones.

Someone posted about a guy that drilled the rivits out and inserted bushings and held,it back,together with bolts. Seemed to turn out well

Bob

I have heard good things about the ring brothers ones.

Someone posted about a guy that drilled the rivits out and inserted bushings and held,it back,together with bolts. Seemed to turn out well

Bob

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you Rsanter.

I have the Ringbrothers hinges, and they are nice solid billet lumps. Real sturdy. Looks great, and is very stable. But they do not open up very far, unfortunately I do not have a picture of them at full open with the hood on.

28251438521_63b29a3acb_b.jpg

8368842044_4974aef6ed_b.jpg

Check out MTF http://www.mustangstofear.com/page.php?page=parts_catalog&yr=69-70&cat=sheet_metal&scat=hood_hinges∏=mtf_billet_hood_hinges

Rich claims that they open up farther than other vendor's offerings.  Might be an option.

I am considering getting some and having them black anodized to match a bunch of other stuff.

Check out MTF http://www.mustangstofear.com/page.php?page=parts_catalog&yr=69-70&cat=sheet_metal&scat=hood_hinges∏=mtf_billet_hood_hinges

Rich claims that they open up farther than other vendor's offerings.  Might be an option.

I am considering getting some and having them black anodized to match a bunch of other stuff.

Now I really like them. Wonder where you would get then anodized?

Fvike are you redoing your 69 or did something happen?   I really like the billet hood hinge looks.  I will have to look into those when I get closer to that point in my build.  Latoracing I like the MTF hinges and I am planning to do their full interior kit for my 69.  They have some nice equipment available.  I have a friend that has bought many MTF products for her Eleanor build and her and her husband love the quality and service MTF offers.

Good luck with your build Fvike.

The hinges open a little bit more without the strut, but not much IIRC. I've only had them out for testfitting the hood. The picture from the shop there was taken this summer when we repainted the floors. And my car was first car in. It holds 9-10 cars and is twice as big as you see. So it's a bit cramped now in the winter. We're 8 buddies that went together and bought it several years ago, so that we would have a place to work on our cars and keep them in winter storage.