newstang

Another Mach1 Coyote restomod Basket case.

1 hour ago, 69Stanger408 said:

Was interested in the under dash, around the evaporator and penetration point. I have the bulkhead connector kit along with the hose kit, seems like a straight forward process. Since I smoothed over my firewall my location points are gone. Figured I'd hang the front, then level out and mark the inner firewall. Any tips to make it easier?

if you get the vintage air kit for the 69, it will have the tubes bent to come out where it did stock,

The way i did it made it easy to hide so you dont see any a/c lines until you get to the front.

ill get some pics tomorrow at the shop.

First pic shows the grommet i used before running the lines.

2nd pic is the Vintage air unit, although you cant see much. 

3rd pic dryer

last is where i run the lines back into the fender well. made a cover to protect the lines.

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

On 7/11/2019 at 5:45 PM, newstang said:

My MTF hood arrived ! this is the one MTF used on the new zealand project, ant wait to get this car done next.

thanks Rich!

No, thank you. Wished we  could have   brought Craig's over here to the Good  Guy's show. 

IMG_2383.jpeg

On 7/13/2019 at 7:07 AM, mustangstofear said:

You're not the first.  Light  springs,  prop rod or billet  hinges. 

I'm having issues with the mobile site, or maybe this isn't on there at all, but what are these running for cost?

On 7/15/2019 at 5:40 AM, mustangstofear said:

We haven't heard of  any problems  on our website.  The hood is 750.00 and is on our website .

It's when I try on my phone. I'll try to view the 1970 stuff, but itll keep showing earlier models. 

stripped the roof today with "airplane stripper" and learned after the top coat of paint ( not original ) it bubbled right up. the original paint under it as well as the original primer couldn't give a rats ass about the chemical stripper. thats some seriously good ol paint !  left it on for hours till all i could do is scrape a bit wipe it off and DA the whole thing to get the old paint up. They really don't make it like that anymore.

IMG_3288.jpeg

IMG_3290.jpeg

IMG_3292.jpeg

3 hours ago, aslanefe said:

Did you remove the lead at roof/quarter panel joint? Are you going to use filler to fill the gap or weld a strip of metal to cover the gap?

yea, lead is out, using filler in there. 

5 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

Welding a metal strip in that area would be a lot stronger than just filler.

yea, im probably gonna do that too. the roof skin is so thin the metal is cracking right there. so back to the drawing board..

12 hours ago, newstang said:

I hired a body guy to come to my shop and do the work. The dust is gonna suck. thinking of getting one of those cover-it garages to put inside to minimize the dust area.

IMG_3293.jpeg

Where did that door handle you are using come from???   It looks like a nice, clean installation !

So after 2 days I got rid of the body guy i hired. here is his version of sanding down the weld through primer. he used a 2" disc for 2 days.

I really do have some luck paying people for getting screwed. Oh by the way, that is at $25 per hour.

IMG_3315.jpeg