newstang

Another Mach1 Coyote restomod Basket case.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:39 PM, Cantedvalve said:

Actually, must of the parts to make it fixed are also part of the fold down.  Rear seat upholstered parts are the same.  There are a couple of trim pieces that need swapped.  I think I have them around here someplace.  You plan on keeping the fold down parts?  I'm actually converting to... just need a few more pieces (the ones that are hard to find of course).

actually, i only have the fold down part, i was looking around for the whole thing and the price everyone wants is far more than im willing to give them. that s why i figured just make it stationary and I could have a nice bass box :-)

Yes.  There's is the package tray, the metal reinforcement below it, the two plastic/fiberglass pieces on each side, and the black trim for the seat panel (3 pieces).  The interior quarter panels are the same, as are the hockey sticks and the sail panels.

8 hours ago, Cantedvalve said:

Yes.  There's is the package tray, the metal reinforcement below it, the two plastic/fiberglass pieces on each side, and the black trim for the seat panel (3 pieces).  The interior quarter panels are the same, as are the hockey sticks and the sail panels.

cool, now i have to find this stuff, 

Sorry no updates lately, I just bought my industrial condo and epoxied the floors and added another lift. One is simply not enough !!

The bad part is , I find myself mopping the floor every time i do anything.

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

Thanks, I let you know how satisfied I am when its done :-)

There are so many differences in the shape of these hoods that bracing it becomes the challenge.

I just had to do this. the Shelby one I hate, it looks like swiss cheese, and the stock one is played out.  

I did this several years ago ,i made a hammer form from 3/16 flat strap and black pipe that matched the arch of the 67 under bracing  and folded the edges of the 73 hood on the hammer form and crimped it over a 67 hood frame ,it turned out great ,wish i still had  the pixs ,it actually took very little body work to finish out. A couple of new dynacorn hoods would probably have good results 

12 hours ago, 69Stanger408 said:

Regarding the vintage air, assume you went with the bulkhead, do you have some close up's of what you did...can barely see it in this pic?

i sent it through the fenderwell. just rubber grommets.. I used the EX clip tubing and although it is nice and clean, it is expensive.

IMG_1116.jpg

Not that it helps now, but the crimp on style are much more cost effective at ~$110, even with the purchase of the ~$130 Master Cool crimping tool (from amazon). Do appreciate the pic. Did you use the vintage air bulk head, or grommet and insulation wrap? Can I bug you for an inside pic?

2 hours ago, 69Stanger408 said:

Not that it helps now, but the crimp on style are much more cost effective at ~$110, even with the purchase of the ~$130 Master Cool crimping tool (from amazon). Do appreciate the pic. Did you use the vintage air bulk head, or grommet and insulation wrap? Can I bug you for an inside pic?

yea, I saw that, but these are much easier to do and much thinner tube too. I just used a large rubber grommet from a ECM I had laying around. 

Did you want inside the car or engine?

Wont be able to see much inside, the lower dash is already in.

Was interested in the under dash, around the evaporator and penetration point. I have the bulkhead connector kit along with the hose kit, seems like a straight forward process. Since I smoothed over my firewall my location points are gone. Figured I'd hang the front, then level out and mark the inner firewall. Any tips to make it easier?