newstang

Another Mach1 Coyote restomod Basket case.

It might be a very stupid question, but with all the brake system in place, how will you get to your engine oil dipstick? Did you try to get it out and back in?

I have a fairly similar engine on my 2013 Boss 302, and that dipstick is not really fun to use, even with stock configuration. Needs both hands every time to get it back in.

G

1 hour ago, mustangstofear said:

That's low, 4 to 6 is fine. Where exactly did you measure at ? We do off the top of the fuel rail or the front of the crank,  which always come out the same. 

i did it at the tranny, i figure thats where it matters

On 5/13/2017 at 7:38 AM, Mike65 said:

Nice work. It is coming along. What yellow did you use on your wife's Mustang?.

I made a mistake using this paint. Its a Sherwin Williams paint, this means its only a formula without a paint code. So i have to always have them make it.

I have used a color which was identical, Prowler Yellow. 

4 hours ago, Ash said:

That looks great. That red sure has some gloss and the 5.0 looks perfectly at home.

the paint is single stage for the engine compartment, the rest of the car will be 2 stage.

19 minutes ago, RPM said:

I've never been a fan of the modular motors, but that looks pretty darn sexy!

Oh, it does look sweet !  

how can you not be a fan, it has all the HP pushrods never had and actually starts when you turn the key :-)

2 hours ago, newstang said:

Oh, it does look sweet !  

how can you not be a fan, it has all the HP pushrods never had and actually starts when you turn the key :-)

Why? Well I was born in 1956, nuff said? :) My 69 Windsor with stock points ignition starts first time every timeWhile I have updated a few things on my 69, I'm kinda old school. If I were to put an extra large motor in a Mustang it would probably be a Kaase B9 head 460 based motor. And stroked to at least 500ci. But life would be very boring with a bunch of Bob's in this world. And btw, your swap just might be opening my feeble mind.

I know how you feel, i was opposed to " technology" every time one of these ricers tells me how much HP they have. i believe there is no replacement like displacement myself.  so I put the best of both wolds in.