newstang

Another Mach1 Coyote restomod Basket case.

Really awesome work !! I've been a little disappointed in my car past few days on the stuff I keep finding but this was a reminder on how bad it could be. Your wife's car looks really nice as well. How did you go about using '68 lenses for the flush tail lights on your wifes car ?

Thanks, its a ton of work, I manufacture gas fireplaces, so I have a metal shop, not specifically set up for thin sheetmetal, but at least I have every tool. 

On the wifes car i cut out the 68 tail light sections, welded them into the 69 panel, epoxied the lenses in and sanded the lenses down with the bondo.

post-12813-0-72465700-1484265097.jpg

post-12813-0-58564700-1484265102.jpg

post-12813-0-70664800-1484265106.jpg

Nice work on you Mustang. Your wife's Mustang looks amazing. The yellow on her car is that a bc/cc?. I want to paint my 69 Coupe a bright yellow like your wife's Mustang, is that a Ford color?.

Nice work on you Mustang. Your wife's Mustang looks amazing. The yellow on her car is that a bc/cc?. I want to paint my 69 Coupe a bright yellow like your wife's Mustang, is that a Ford color?.

Thanks, 

The color is actually a Sherwin Williams color code. I wouldnt do that again because you can only get that color from them. Next time i choose a color code from an actual car.  on my current resto ill do ferrari red which is code 322 Rosso Corsa.

Nice progress its looking good. I would like some more information on the door handles?

The Handles are from a Fiat Barchetta. i got them from a guy in Germany who sends me the door section

of sheetmetal as well.

I bout extra sets if anyone is interested.

they are all used of course

How hard are these handles to adapt to fit the stock door mechanism?

Im interested in a set and the filler metal as well... Would look sweet on my 66 Coupe :)

Man I know it sucks having to chop on that brand new floor pan.

So what you doing for AC and heat>?

The heat and a/c is still a work in progress, still figuring it out. 

as for the door handles  they have a crappy cast part on it that lifts, so i make a piece from 1/8 steel with a hole in it so it pulls up on the 

rod.

i can give you a set for $200 with the door sections, I bought 6 pair from him just to have for any future cars i feel like doing,

Ill have to give you dims on where to center them so you dont hit the door lip